Search results

1. J

To all my fellow CFRDers

I have started seeing a new endo near me. My initial meeting with him put me at ease. Unlike all other endos he didnt want to address/alter my diet at all thereby avoiding issues with reducing my calorie intake. We are, however, experimenting with an oral med called Acotplus Met. The general...
  2. J

NEW YORK STATE CHANGES MANDATES OF SWINE FLU VACCINE

The way I am reading this article is that the ONLY reason for it is that there is enough vaccines to cover the medical profession AND the high risk patients..... <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge...
  3. J

A movie that is about "The Fight"

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.iamreadytofight.com/">http://www.iamreadytofight.com/</a>
  4. J

SOCIAL SECURITY WONT GET INCREASE

I just saw in the newspaper that its official.... those of us on Social Security wont get a cost of living increase next year! <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge...
  5. J

Check out this clip of a fabulous idea over in the UK

**WARNING** Get your tissues Enjoy the story & music <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cfvoice.com/info/breathe/index.jsp">http://www.cfvoice.com/info/breathe/index.jsp</a>
  6. J

RANDOM, ODD YET VALID ??? ABOUT THE VEST

Does anyone know..... IF we have a vest & it gets destroyed in a fire.....can our health insurance refuse to pay for another. I can forsee some people have issues with the health carrier telling them to collect from homeowners, rental insurance etc. Sadly not everyone has this type of...
  7. J

Regular Flu Vaccine MIGHT help if you catch the Swine Flu!

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=11272072 ">http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=11272072 </a> Seasonal flu vaccine may lessen H1N1 swine flu impact © iStockphoto.com/Patricia HofmeesterHealth More>>Sebelius urges Americans to get...
  8. J

Regular Flu Vaccine MIGHT help if you catch the Swine Flu!

Seasonal flu vaccine may lessen H1N1 swine flu impact © iStockphoto.com/Patricia HofmeesterHealth More>>Sebelius urges Americans to get H1N1 swine flu vaccineLeafy greens top risky food listEarly H1N1 vaccination saves lives, cuts costs: studyAutism may be more common than thoughtHalf of U.S...
  9. J

NEW YORK STATE MANDATES SWINE FLU VACCINE

NYS has done it again! We are the first state to mandate that anyone working in a healthcare facility get vaccinated for seasonal AND swine flu by November 30. There is an uproar in the medical field. Here is a link to a one of our local papers with one of our Nurses who is willing to lose...
  10. J

EMILY (rockcfem) WAS IN THE ELLEN AUDIENCE

Many of you might know that our own Emily a/k/a letsrockcfem has started her cross country venture! Due to an injury (thanks to lovely Cipro) she is not able to do it all by bicyle, but she has a cute little Vespa to ride because "the show must go on". So show your support & follow her by...
  11. J

Activities after Tx

I know there are limitations for awhile after tx. Some for the general surgery issues (stables, sutures etc) & some for more complex issues. My ?? is regarding sex~ How long after were you given the clearance or did you not need a clearance? How long after were you even interested LOL? If...
  12. J

Weight for transplant~

I know that weight is a factor with CF itself, but am wondering If you weight is not at an acceptable leve. Do they assume or let you try to get it up on your own or would they recommend a g-tube? If so would the g-tube need to be removed before transplant? Same goes for the ports......I know...
  13. J

Gene Responsible for Sputum Production Found

The gene responsible for sputum production commonly reported in many respiratory diseases but poorly treated with available medication has been found. The reason contributing to excessive production of thick mucus and sputum, commonly reported in those with asthma and cystic fibrosis, had long...
  14. J

Following up with the Transplant Center

Is it a requirement that you MUST follow up forever with the same place that you were transplanted at? I realize that for a good amount of time after surgery it would be needed, but is it forever. If someone was transplanted on the East Coast & moved to the West coast would they have to go...
  15. J

LOOKING FOR BOY NAMES

My BFF from High School is due with her 2nd child on Dec. 6 She has a 2 year old daughter named Eden Ciara & lots of other girl names, but sonogram shows its a boy & they are at odds over a name. She is kind of a "unique/hippy" driven name seeker tho she wont rule out biblical or anything...
  16. J

TO PEGSONINTHEPRESENT

Arron I got your PM & tried responding, but you dont have your PM activated to receive PM. Go to your profile & make sure its marked to receive!
  17. J

Dont Forget There is more to CF.Com

Just a gently reminder that besides the threads we have tons of things.... Clinic Trials, Picture Gallery, Rememberance Board, Videos, Google CF News Alerts, Blogs....our newest work in progress the MediWidget and much much more!
  18. J

NY WOMAN STEALS FROM CF

NY woman admits stealing from cystic fibrosis fund ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) -- An Albany-area woman has admitted stealing more than $62,000 from a state fund for cystic fibrosis patients. Erin Sherman-Rohl was arrested in January following a state investigation into the 34-year-old West Sand Lake...
  19. J

UNUSED, STERILE SYRINGES

I have been cleaning out old medical & iv supplies & finally decided to ditch hundreds of unopened syringes that were either a wrong size for colistin or just never used. I am not sure what to do with them. Being they are unused I thought they could just go in the trash. I believe NYS says...
  20. J

UNUSED, STERILE SYRINGES

I have been cleaning out old medical & iv supplies & finally decided to ditch hundreds of unopened syringes that were either a wrong size for colistin or just never used. I am not sure what to do with them. Being they are unused I thought they could just go in the trash. I believe NYS says...