Search results

1. T

best video explaining living with CF that I've seen

http://www.upworthy.com/ive-never-heard-someone-describe-their-illness-like-this-ive-got-chills-dc2-8c This video just spoke to me. It did make me cry, but also left me with a positive feeling. Amazing young man, so eloquent and real.
  2. T

A mystery pain after getting lungs back to great functions.

Well, I just realized there were blogs here on the site and I've been active since 2011! Crazy. In a nutshell, I'm a mom to 2 kids, a 17 year old girl named Lizzie and a 14 year old boy named Joe. I'm also a stepmom to 2 teenaged boys David, 17, and Ben, 14. They all go to the same schools...
  3. T

Anyone going to school part time?

My son (14 yrs, 8th grade middle school) is getting to the point where he just can't make it through the school day. We go to public school and they are good about working with us to modify assignments, etc, but it's just not enough. Joe isn't sick enough to be put into the hospital, but he's...
  4. T

Reactions to Vancomycin?

My son just got home from a 10 day stay in the hospital for iv vancomycin. He had the usual mrsa/staff infections causing pft's to decline, felt like crap, hurt all over, low energy, no appetite, the usual. Every couple of years my son would go in, have 10-14 days of vancomycin and be happy...
  5. T

Gastroparesis

I've cross posted this in the adult's section to try to get more responses...<br><br>Posts on this subject seem a few years old.  My son's almost 12 and has been diagnosed with "severe delay in gastric emptying" aka Gastroparesis.  We've been fighting with the GI clinic to do anything other...
  6. T

Gastroparesis

Posts on this subject seem a few years old.  My son's almost 12 and has been diagnosed with "severe delay in gastric emptying" aka Gastroparesis.  We've been fighting with the GI clinic to do anything other than just having him do more cleanouts....every appt or phone call or ER visit ended with...
  7. T

self medication in schools? please help!

I'm having a battle with my son's middle school to update the 504 plan to allow him to administer his own pills at lunch.  I've got a meeting to update the plan next Thursday and I asked that the district supervisor of the nurses attend.  They are adamant that my son is not allowed to swallow...