Search results

1. J

Need your input

I think the biggest thing is to try to promote a sense of normalicy. In school, especially middle and high school, it is easy to feel akward and people often dont help. I hate when people baby me or single me out because I'm a cfer. My aunt always told me I couldn't do things and that I was...
  2. J

High Calorie Snacks

If you like cheese, it is nutritious and high in fat an calories, but you don't want to go overboard. It can lead to more digestive issues than usual. Pretzels and cream cheese is good too.
  3. J

High Calorie Snacks

If you like cheese, it is nutritious and high in fat an calories, but you don't want to go overboard. It can lead to more digestive issues than usual. Pretzels and cream cheese is good too.
  4. J

Starting Oxygen at Night

Hey, sorry to hear you are having saturation issues, I can empathize. I get nostril irritation sometimes. Vasaline works well for that. I haven't had any problems with the tubing. Good luck with your testing.
  5. J

Starting Oxygen at Night

Hey, sorry to hear you are having saturation issues, I can empathize. I get nostril irritation sometimes. Vasaline works well for that. I haven't had any problems with the tubing. Good luck with your testing.
  6. J

hemoptysis from flying?

Have you had persistent shortness of breath or anything else that is not quite right? My doc told me that we can have pneumos or partial pneumos from the altitude change. Don't mean to cause any alarm. I haven't personally had this issue, but it is something to consider.
  7. J

hemoptysis from flying?

Have you had persistent shortness of breath or anything else that is not quite right? My doc told me that we can have pneumos or partial pneumos from the altitude change. Don't mean to cause any alarm. I haven't personally had this issue, but it is something to consider.
  8. J

Late Diagnosis

I was also diagnosed later than usual. It was always "asthma" or "chronic bronchitis". And digestive/weight issues were assumed to be related to poor nutrition and stress (When I was 4?). By the time I was in middle school I was on 80mg of prednisone daily for my "asthma" and had been for...
  9. J

Late Diagnosis

I was also diagnosed later than usual. It was always "asthma" or "chronic bronchitis". And digestive/weight issues were assumed to be related to poor nutrition and stress (When I was 4?). By the time I was in middle school I was on 80mg of prednisone daily for my "asthma" and had been for...
  10. J

What song do you relate your CF fight to

A Spoonful of Sugar! I always watched Mary Poppins when I was sick and obviously this song is appropriate for CF
  11. J

Just for fun but CF related - Real things doctors have said to me in the hospital

Once a radiology tech was going to do an chest x-ray and he asked if I was wearing a bra and when I said yes he ask, "Really?" (I am super flatchested). I was so embarassed, but I couldn't help but laugh. He felt terrible!! LOL! On a side note I love it when people hear me cough and say, "I had...
  12. J

Just for fun but CF related - Real things doctors have said to me in the hospital

Once a radiology tech was going to do an chest x-ray and he asked if I was wearing a bra and when I said yes he ask, "Really?" (I am super flatchested). I was so embarassed, but I couldn't help but laugh. He felt terrible!! LOL! On a side note I love it when people hear me cough and say, "I had...
  13. J

I'd love to get your expert opinions :)

My mom is an AMAMZING CF mom. She is a great chef and tries to find new ways to make scandishakes taste good. She has a care package for me when I am in the hospital filled of dry shampoo, chapstick, and my ipod. She and I have a list of wonderful things we want to do together, from crazy (trip...
  14. J

I'd love to get your expert opinions :)

My mom is an AMAMZING CF mom. She is a great chef and tries to find new ways to make scandishakes taste good. She has a care package for me when I am in the hospital filled of dry shampoo, chapstick, and my ipod. She and I have a list of wonderful things we want to do together, from crazy (trip...
  15. J

Blood in sputum

Hey so sorry you are not feeling well. This has happened to me quite a few times. Usually it is a burst capillary (from the force of coughing), sometimes a new infection. Since this is new for you definitely contact your physician. If there is a lot of blood this is a problem and you need to...
  16. J

Blood in sputum

Hey so sorry you are not feeling well. This has happened to me quite a few times. Usually it is a burst capillary (from the force of coughing), sometimes a new infection. Since this is new for you definitely contact your physician. If there is a lot of blood this is a problem and you need to...
  17. J

Guess my FEV1

35% (I like to be positive)
  18. J

Guess my FEV1

35% (I like to be positive)
  19. J

Disability Question-Handicap Parking

I have one. I try not to use it unless I am sick or exhausted, mostly because I know that if possible the exercise is good. My doc get me mine.
  20. J

Disability Question-Handicap Parking

I have one. I try not to use it unless I am sick or exhausted, mostly because I know that if possible the exercise is good. My doc get me mine.