Search results

1. S

Healthiest places to live in US with good doctor?

I used to live in Montana. I currently live in Wyoming but I travel back to Montana for cf clinic. I would say Montana is every clean place not to bad with elevation 3500ft or so. I highly recommend it to anyone with cf.
  2. S

High Calorie weight gain snack

I do alot of crossfit and I need extra cals to keep up. I made a homemade shake that has 3k cals in every 16oz. (2 cups). That's pretty good. I gained 8 pounds in 1 month.
  3. S

Who are you in a nut shell

Hello my name is Harrison. I am African American . I was diagnose at birth failure to thrive. I'm 26 and I'm a respiratory therapist. I spent most of my life living in high elevation. I currently live at 7000ft. I'm bout 5'4. 5'5 on a good day. I weigh bout 145. No kids yet or anything. I'm...
  4. S

looking toward the future

That's funny cause I tell all my friends I have asthma. So overall I really think its about quality of life. The reason why I am a rt is because all I know is respiratory and bad as it is I love it as well. Every one has a calling. Plus I can be empathetic towards patients. I don't see a lot of...
  5. S

so how do you stay healthy for so long? How do u put on more weight? Because I know the heavier you are the stronger your body will be.
  6. S

As a rt with cf. I'm not legally obligated to tell my job. If i know there is pt with cf. I just find away around it. I wanted to know how adult life was cause I thought if i stayed active than I wouldn't get sick. So far its worked. I haven't had a tune up in bout 5 years. I didn't know if it...
  7. S

Im 26 and a respiratory therapist with cf. I was just wondering how is it bein older with cf. Does it effect your work and adult life stlye?
  8. S

updates on new exercise

Ok thank you all for the inputs. I have been doing different workouts. I took up mma for a while, strenth training, I found crossfit and I haven't wanted to do anything ever since. As for limits I don't know them yet. I try to finish all the workouts best as I can or at least keep up. I am a...
  9. S

Sterile

I haven't got it done yet. I got 3 weeks til we do it. Any advices you can recommended for the ivf process.
  10. S

updates on new exercise

So I have been reading different post about different workouts and ways to gain weight and stay healthy but there isn't anything current. I was wondering has anyone found good works and etc..
  11. S

Sterile

I'm currently working on having a child. I have done the research. So this is how it works. If u don't have a vas deference. Than you have to get a semen analysis via (tsa). Testicular semen aspiration.( its gonna hurt! )
  12. S

Anyone with CF participating in Cross Fit?

Hello I live in Billings Montana and I am 24. I have Cf. and I love crossing. honestly I don't even do all my treatments. I just crossed it's almost 5 days a week. and I have not been hospitalized for anything in the past 3 years.. I would recommend if you can do it do it but it's a little...
  13. S

Work and CF

I didn't know that it was common knowledge. I just known bout it like 4 months ago. i went to school for 3 years and treated pts and no one told me. and now my job is going to fire me because they just found out. what are your thoughts on it.
  14. S

Work and CF

I am a respiratory therapist. that has Cf and I guess there was an article in 2003 that says CF patient cannot work on other CF patients. did anyone else know that?
  15. S

working with Cf

So apparently I did not know this before I went to school but you cannot be a healthcare provider with Cf working on other CF patients.. I am a respiratory therapist.
  16. S

The Best Exercise to Raise PFT scores

Crossfit training
  17. S

The Best Exercise to Raise PFT scores

I have been doin crossly training. its pretty tough but it all helps long as you keep moving.