Search results

1. A

Big advancement in the fight against cystic fibrosis

This is going to be a huge step in the screening of future cf drugs similar to kalydeco. They grew lung tissue containing the G551D gene and showed that kalydeco was effective at correcting the genetic dysfunction. They also know that they can grow DF508 tissue as well. This will speed up the...
  2. A

What to do between rounds of tobi?

My little D can't go off tobi for more than a week without getting the gunky green goo. We're waiting to try Cayston when it becomes available again but are looking for a solution in the short term. I left a message with the CF nurse today to see if we could start continually giving her bactrim...
  3. A

vx 661 discussion moved

It looks like all of the info relating to the vx 661 trials has been removed from that girls blog shortly after I posted the link on another thread last night. That thread broke down so I started a new one here. MamaScarlett, if you read this will you please post the link to the cff press...
  4. A

N1303K & CFRD

I was reading an article online the other day and it was kind of technical so I'm not really sure I understood it completely but I thought it said that people with n1303k aren't as likely to develop cfrd. Can some people with this mutation please respond as to wether you've developed this...
  5. A

partially collapsed lung

We got the results of my daughters ct scan and her right lower lobe is partially collapsed. Has anybody had any experience with this? Did it reverse on its own or lead to full collapse? Is anybody familiar with PEEP? Please help. She's only 4 and we're trying to give her the best start in life...