Search results

1. A

Employment & college-how to support your Child

My daughter (diagnosed @ 6 months) is now 19. She is learning what life is like after high school. She has had several jobs in the past couple years. Each time she gets hired, she tells them she has CF and that she is hopitalized frequently. They always tell her that they will work with her and...
  2. A

Hospital Time

Like you, we live far away from our hospital. It is a 3 hour drive for us. My suggestion is to try to keep busy. Ask for puzzles, books, movies. Crafts, if you are in to that. Recently, a model car kit was a good distraction. It didn't turn out very good, but it keeps you busy. Know that you are...
  3. A

Stubborn 2 1/2 year old .....refusing enzymes

Having a 2 years old is a challenge in itself! We were given a cup, similiar to a "sippie cup". The lid of the cup has a lip on it which holds the capsule. When they take a drink, they swallow the capsule. This worked for a couple days then my daughter would just remove the capsule, put it in...
  4. A

HELP! My 10yr old is refusing to do airway clearance

My suggestion would be to give her options. Airway clearance is not an option, but the techniques are. Trampolines, flutter valve, jogging; and yes.. "tickle therapy". If you don't have a WII.. get one. The Just Dance games are contagious! She will love doing them and it is something that she...