Search results

1. beautifulsoul

Happy Birthday Amber

Last Friday was my 27th birthday. I wake up everyday and still can't believe I'm alive. I didn't think I would live past my 15th birthday and here I am, 11 years later, surviving with a double-lung and kidney transplant. I'm so thankful for the support of this website and all the opportunities...
  2. beautifulsoul

Battling Anxiety and Depression

I've been dealing with anxiety and depression for several years now and during this latest bout I decided to try something new- "depression art" I've attached my work. I also wrote a blog about what it feels like living with depression- Another first for me. I was scared to tell people how I...
  3. beautifulsoul

Celebrating 11 years breathing with double-lung transplant

Hello friends! Another anniversary in the books today! I am officially in my second year of the double digits! I typed up a timeline of my journey on my blog. SMALL EXCERPT: 2004 I am twelve years old when I lose my hearing from ototoxic medication. Over a period of one year, suddenly I am...
  4. beautifulsoul

From Fear to Fearless- Are you struggling with fear?

I know a lot of us struggle with feelings of fear- especially those with CF. Fear of death, fear of the future, fear of failure. I wrote all about the topic of fear on my blog. SMALL EXCERPT: Everyone experiences fear at some point in their lives. Overcoming addiction, near death experience...
  5. beautifulsoul

My Lungs Are Made For Breathing (poem)

I wrote this poem, which represents the different stages of my life. Over the past several years, I’ve struggled to accept the circumstances after my transplants. I went from living a semi-normal life, to dying, to living again. I used to constantly worry about becoming sick again, my lungs...
  6. beautifulsoul

Hearing Loss Awareness

Hello Readers, I lost my hearing 15 years ago from an ototoxic medication, Amikacin. I wrote all about my journey on my blog. Feel free to read and share. The Gift of Sound Part 1 The Gift of Sound Part 2 Since this incident, my local hospital has been performing hearing tests before...
  7. beautifulsoul

A Conversation with Gunnar Esiason

Hi everyone, I have a new post up on my blog, an interview with Gunnar Esiason. https://acreativenewmie.com/2017/09/06/a-conversation-with-gunnar-esiason/#more-3366 For those who don't know who he is: Gunnar is the son of retired American NFL quarterback, Norman (Boomer) Esiason. He is...
  8. beautifulsoul

Women and Living with CF

Hey Everyone, I wrote a blog about what my life has been like, as a woman living with CF. It's a lengthly read, but worth it! I promise! Some of the topics I discuss include, relationships & sex, fertility & pregnancy, and appearances & self-confidence. Check it out-...
  9. beautifulsoul

10 Years with my New Kidney from Mom

It seems like I just celebrated 10 years breathing free with new lungs and now, I have another reason to celebrate, my new kidney from my mom 10 years ago today! I wrote a blog about 10 Things I've Learned in 10 years. Check it out! http://acreativenewmie.com/…/celebrating-10-years-with-my-…/
  10. beautifulsoul

Vote For Me for Rare Diseases Art Contest!

Please vote for my mixed media submission under the name Amber Church for the Rare Diseases Art Contest on Facebook! It will only take a second of your time. Thank you all so much...
  11. beautifulsoul

CF related art's and craft's

I'm happy to share I've been working on a few CF themed crafts that I can't wait to teach you all. CF kids can join me in making "mucus" novelty slime, purple lantern mason jars and a coloring page of 65 roses lungs! Stay tuned for a blog post. Let's have some family fun inside during these hot...
  12. beautifulsoul

FitBit

Does anyone own a Fitbit? Do you find it a good motivator to exercise? I would love to join a gym but it's just not in my budget. Are there any sort of games or exercise programs I could move along to at home? With summer quickly approaching it's simply too hot to be walking outside. Any...
  13. beautifulsoul

NEW Relizorb enzymes (for those with G-tubes)

There is a fairly new enzyme cartridge available for those with g-tubes. It connects straight onto your tubing. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and I love it! No more taking oral enzymes before and after tube feedings. Relizorb has made me feel less full in the morning. Hardly any...
  14. beautifulsoul

Online Streaming Service

If you're sick, not feeling 100% or stuck in the hospital the church I've been attending offers online live streaming at several different times on Sunday. This is a nondenominational church. Younger people love it but all ages attend. Great music and sermons. It's Crossroads church in...
  15. beautifulsoul

Celebrating 10 years of new life!

This is something I posted on my personal Facebook page earlier today. I realize not everyone has Facebook so I decided to share it here as well. Dear Friends & Family, Today as I sit here typing this I can think of two words to describe my life. Thankful & Blessed. The feelings I have right...
  16. beautifulsoul

nasal polyps and deviated septum

I just went to the ENT Dr. on Monday because I've been having obvious signs of polyps. I can't breathe from my nose at all. It sounds like I have a cold because the polyps are blocking my airway. I've had polyps removed at least 3 or 4 times in the past 6 years. Dr. has mentioned they will...
  17. beautifulsoul

Depression & anxiety (a new way to cope)

Hey everyone :) Hope you all are having a good if not decent week. I can't believe it's November already! Feels great here in Cincinnati today. Unseasonably warm at 73 degrees. Wish it would stay that way. Anyway, We get a lot of posts asking about how to deal with depression & anxiety so I...
  18. beautifulsoul

Thankful Thursday 10/22

Today I'm thankful for my artistic talent and all the art supplies I can afford to have. There is no such thing as too many art supplies! Pencils, pens, decorative tape, paper punches, stickers, stamps. You name it I probably have it. Recently, I've been too depressed or even awake to create...
  19. beautifulsoul

Thankful Thursday 9/10

Is it thursday already?? I feel like I just posted this blog a few days ago! Times flies. Today I'm thankful for television. Watching Tv makes me forget about the struggles of everyday life. New seasons start this month! What are your favorite shows to watch? I'm currently watching Ellen as I...
  20. beautifulsoul

1,000 Posts!

Yay! After 10 years and 999 posts, I finally made it to 1,000 ;) Took long enough lol I wonder who currently has the most posts? Not that it matters. Just a little fun fact. I've enjoyed "meeting" new people that share the same roller coaster of life with me. Glad to know I'm not alone in this...