Search results

1. M

How do you get along while waiting?

I graduated from college in 2010 and less than 4 months later had to stop working because of my CF. I went through a feeling worthless phase when I first stopped working because I felt like I wasn't doing anything. Now I volunteer 2 days a week at a local elementary school with a teacher's...
  2. M

power outage suggestions

with hurricane sandy coming our way i was wondering how everyone handles treatments and feedings during times of power outage? my feeding pump can go 2 nights on the battery but as far as my nebulizer it has to be plugged in to work. what does everyone else do?
  3. M

duke transplant

i have an appointment in november at duke to do the whole eligibility testing for transplant. wondered if there were any suggestions from people about how to best prepare for being down there. is there any stuff they dont tell you at all these meetings and things that you figured out on your own...
  4. M

CF tattoos

i have the word breathe on my side!
  5. M

Ringing In my Ear

i am on inhaled tobi and calistin and have ringing in my right ear along with significant hearing loss. i went on prednisone for 10 days and it improved the hearing loss some but i still have the ringing. i have just sort of toned out the ringing and just make sure people talk into my good ear :)
  6. M

Hypertonic Saline

i hate doing it because it makes me cough but man do you feel amazing afterwards! so worth the annoyance of coughing and the runny nose!
  7. M

how tall are you?how much do you weigh?

5'4" 107 lbs. i have to reach 110 to start the process for transplant... SO CLOSE!
  8. M

What is the best way for a non-CFer to react to you and/or CF?

i dont like the fact that now, since im sick all the time, all people want to talk about is the fact that im always sick. i have cf but its not all that i am. i also hate when i go in for a normal tune up and friends who know i have cf and have been around for forever always respond to the news...
  9. M

travel tips with feeding supplies

man that is a great idea with the command hooks!! is it able to hold the weight of all the formula? i use 4 cans a night and wouldnt want to damage anyones wall if the hook were to fall off etc.
  10. M

Nocturnal

i go to bed between 1 and 2 am and dont wake up until noon or later. i cant really function (aka tired, grumpy, sluggish, unmotivated) without at least twelve hours of sleep. ive tried to go to bed earlier but have never been able to do it so i just go with what my body is telling me i need
  11. M

travel tips with feeding supplies

at the end of july i am going to be flying to boston to see a red sox game and was wondering if anyone had any tips on the best way to get feeding supplies to your destination. i booked a nonstop flight with jetblue so that i could have a free checked bag but was wondering if anyone knows of the...
  12. M

feeding tube and enzymes

thanks! its nice to have a place to communicate with other CFers!
  13. M

feeding tube and enzymes

thanks! its nice to have a place to communicate with other CFers!
  14. M

feeding tube and enzymes

glad you helped me clarify because it is so different for each and every person!
  15. M

feeding tube and enzymes

glad you helped me clarify because it is so different for each and every person!
  16. M

feeding tube and enzymes

i was simply implying thats what i do in my case. sorry i should have clarified that.
  17. M

feeding tube and enzymes

i was simply implying thats what i do in my case. sorry i should have clarified that.
  18. M

feeding tube and enzymes

i take 3 before my feeding starts and run it over 8 hours and then take 1 after its over.... my nutritionist figured out that one enzyme per can is about the right dosing ratio
  19. M

feeding tube and enzymes

i take 3 before my feeding starts and run it over 8 hours and then take 1 after its over.... my nutritionist figured out that one enzyme per can is about the right dosing ratio
  20. M

Extremely Unhappy with CFRD Care

adjust your carb counting ratio! my endo told me that you sometimes will just need to adjust that number because your body begins to react differently to the insulin the longer your on it.