Search results

1. B

Atrovent and Aeropika

Does anybody use Atrovent as part of their daily routine? How about that little handheld device called Aeropika? I just started using Aeropika and for the 1st 3 days it was great. It seemed to get crap out that was deep in my little airways and I could breathe better. But for 5 days after...
  2. B

Atrovent and Aeropika

Does anybody use Atrovent as part of their daily routine? How about that little handheld device called Aeropika? I just started using Aeropika and for the 1st 3 days it was great. It seemed to get crap out that was deep in my little airways and I could breathe better. But for 5 days after...
  3. B

Pseudomonas

it is not the end of the world. I cultured Pseudomonas 20 years ago and I am still going. I am 53 now. I have to deal with occasional flare ups, but my advice to you is don't panic. Your child will sense that something is wrong and get scared. Just a set back that is going to happen with this...
  4. B

Coughing alot but no need for hospital. need tips/ advice on how to control it.

The only thing I have found to suppress cough is hydocodone cough syrup. it is a narcotic and has a risk of addiction, but my doctor and I discussed using it and she agreed that sleep is important. I do tons of treatments during the day and exercise a lot to get the crap out. At night I use the...
  5. B

I'm not a normal teenage guy

No it doesn't have anything to do with CF. The obvious question that comes to mind is if you aren't aroused by women, do you feel aroused by men? Nothing weird about it, just need to figure it out for yourself.
  6. B

The type of bacteria growing in CF lungs correlates with how viscous the mucus is

What the heck is wrong with you KnowItAll? Why the name calling? Why the animosity? If you have something constructive to say then say it without the name calling, otherwise stay out of this forum!
  7. B

Hospital IV's vs. home I'V's

It is my experience that if you are only getting IV meds in the hospital than doing it at home is much better. The comfort of home, the better food, the better sleep, the less stress are all factors. I don't ever go to the hospital unless they want to do some extensive tests or some treatments...
  8. B

Questions about PharmaNAC regarding CFRD

OccupyJapan, Excellent post. Thank you. There is a new product out called cellgevity that gets glutathione into the body orally. it has a compound called D-Ribose L-Cysteine which supposedly prevents glutathione from breaking down. The science of it sounds promising, but not sure if it is just...
  9. B

Is it better then Curcumin for combating inflammation? Everybody was raving about curcumin and I tried that. Can't really tell a difference. I've never heard of pharmanac. Does it work?
  10. B

What is pharmanac and does it help lung inflammation?
  11. B

Discussing PICC.... What Will Surgical Consult Be Like?

PICC lines are no big deal. Inserting them is not painful. they give you a numbing shot and you don't feel a thing. I've had about 10 PICC lines in the last 10 years. Very easy to administer meds. No pain at all. The meds they gave you are a different story. They are probably going to be...
  12. B

CF and Sleep Meds

I use hydrocodone cough syrup to sleep. I hate using such a powerful narcotic, but I have no choice. I tried ambien and tylenol with codeine and both make my chest tight and breathing hard. The hydrocodone helps calm my cough and also relieves my chest tightness allowing me to sleep.
  13. B

Green smoothies, also bacteria article

I would definitely add bananas. Also don't use frozen veggies or fruit. Use fresh whenever you can. I use fresh spinach, kale, red chard, and spinach. Too much sugar added in frozen fruit. Buy fresh berries in bulk, and then freeze them. Much cheaper too. Don't limit yourself. There are...
  14. B

Curcumin

knowitall, you seem to be knowlegable about the science of Curcumin. My question is have you tried it and did you notice any results? Did it help with inflammation or overall breathing? I want to try the phytosome curcumin as you suggest.
  15. B

i'm gonna suffer in years too come!!

I'm glad you restated your position. I think you are getting knee jerk reactions from people because they are reading what you are saying and perhaps not what you are meaning to say. I try to be respectful. I have seen some nasty replies back to you. I would say don't stop using the forums, but...
  16. B

i'm gonna suffer in years too come!!

KMHBEAUTY, You have to be very careful with the advice you give people with CF especially somebody who is 18 years old and just starting to figure things out as an adult. Everybody is different. It sounds like you are fairly healthy. You are very very lucky. Being healthy is not because you...
  17. B

Curcumin

how do you take tumeric. just add ground tumeric to food and drink? How much do you take?
  18. B

Curcumin

How do you take each of those? Curcumin, oil of oregeno, and pharmanac? I struggle with inflammation and I am diabetic so I hate having to jump on steroids.
  19. B

What else can I take to help with inflammation.

kmhbeauty, can you give me your "potion" for reducing inflammation. right now I drink green smoothies every day which include Kale, chard, spinach, collard greens, orange juice, black berries, strawberries, banana, and apple. this concoction does not seem to help with inflammation though. Maybe...
  20. B

N30 phase 1b/2a trial with CFs who have 2 copies of F508del

Where are these 18 sites? I don't see anything listed anywhere but Colorado and North Carolina.