Search results

1. B

Atrovent and Aeropika

Does anybody use Atrovent as part of their daily routine? How about that little handheld device called Aeropika? I just started using Aeropika and for the 1st 3 days it was great. It seemed to get crap out that was deep in my little airways and I could breathe better. But for 5 days after...
  2. B

Atrovent and Aeropika

Does anybody use Atrovent as part of their daily routine? How about that little handheld device called Aeropika? I just started using Aeropika and for the 1st 3 days it was great. It seemed to get crap out that was deep in my little airways and I could breathe better. But for 5 days after...
  3. B

What is a 1 to N trial

What is a 1 to N trial? How does one get included in this? Is it possible to be in a 1 to N trial for the VX-809/VX-770 study? How do you apply?
  4. B

Difference between VX-661/VX-770 and VX-809/VX-770 study

What is the difference between the 2 clinical trails? I know both are for F508 mutations and both VX 661 and VX 809 are effecitve in moving the defect to the surface of the cell to allow VX-770 or Kalyedeco to work. Can anybody shed any light on other differences? which seems to most effective...
  5. B

Kalyedeco and or VX-770/809 experiences- Please share

If you were on a previous clinical trial with VX-770/809 combo or you are currently using Kalyedeco, can you share your experiences with the forum. Those of us who are still struggling with this dreadful disease never get tired of hearing stories of the miracle drug that is just around the...
  6. B

Remedies to reduce inflammation and volume of mucus

I am open for any and all suggestions whether it is food, drink, or medicine. I am 51 and for the last 3 years, my health has really started to deteriorate. I have always been fairly healthy except for the annual or semi-annual exaserbation. In the last 3 years, my body has started producing an...
  7. B

How do you adjust profile on new website?

Can anybody tell me how to adjust my profile so I can define my subscriptions? I had it set up the way I wanted getting email notifications for posts on specific forums. Since the new website was introduced, I can't figure out how to set it up and now I am getting posts for topics I have no...
  8. B

How to set up subscription parameters on new CF forum website

Can anybody tell me how to adjust my profile so I can define my subscriptions? I had it set up the way I wanted getting email notifications for posts on specific forums. Since the new website was introduced, I can't figure out how to set it up and now I am getting posts for topics I have no...
  9. B

Experience with IV antibiotic Meropenem

Has anybody experienced bad side effects when using the IV antibiotic Meropenem. I am currently using this med to fight an infection and it is really messing me up. It makes me feel like total crap. I experience nausea, runny bowels, throwing up and just overall feeling bad. Anybody else had...
  10. B

How do you volunteer for the VX809 phase III trial

How does one submit their name to be included in the VX809 phase III trial. I emailed repeatedlyall the appropiate names that were given as contacts for the phase II study. I never heard anything until I was told the study was closed and that they had enough participants. so my question really...
  11. B

Constant tickle in throat causing constant cough

Does anybody have this problem and hopefully a remedy. I have a very productive cough. I bring up stuff very easily. I exercise daily (swim, bike, resistant training) plus I do nebulized treatments 3 times a day (albuterol, Dnase,atrovent,Cayston). My breathing is ok. 40-50% FEV1. My problem...
  12. B

Anybody ever use a steam mask?

Has anybody ever used a steam mask. For years I have used steam rooms in the local gym after my work out, and they have been beneficial. Lately though, I have become worried about infection in public steam rooms. My cousin recommended a steam mask to help when it is hard to breathe. She has...
  13. B

Will VX809/770 be effective in reducing mucous production?

I have read a lot about the new drug and I am extremely excited. My question is will VX809/770 be effective in reducing mucous production? I think it will based on the fact that it fixes the sodium problem. There is a lot of talk about FEV improvement, but I haven't seen anything on whether it...