Search results

1. A

Do you have ABPA?

I've been seeing Dr. Finklea there. It's frustrating because when they first mentioned ABPA and I looked more into it, it seems like the exact match of symptoms to diagnosis. However, my doctor has been ignoring it, ordering more tests, just doing another round of orals or IVs, and asking me to...
  2. A

Do you have ABPA?

I'm a 22 YO female going to UT Southwestern in Dallas, Texas. PFTs are 40-50s... I've been discussing possibly having Allergic Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis with my physician. It's possible that I've had this lurking for years (but doctors blamed it on my family history of asthma :p) and it's...
  3. A

Need perspective

I am 17 and I have CF. I think I may have that mutation, but I don't remember because CF is difficult no matter what mutation. My parents, in 1995, had no idea that either of them had been carriers, and when I was born and diagnosed at age 2, they were scared to death. I have an older brother...
  4. A

Coughing up blood first time - 17 YO female

This morning I coughed up a fairly small clot of blood for the first time, and upon more coughing learned that I have bloody mucus. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. I am on my period, but it is ending. I do vest/albuterol treatments twice daily, once in the morning with...