Search results

1. S

Just a quick update

Hi! Hope everyone is doing well. All is well here. Courtney has her first CF Clinic appointment at Dell Childrens on Oct 5. We are excited about that! Courtney is doing well. She had to see the doc yesterday for yet again, another sinus infection but they got her on antibiotics. I can't...
  2. S

When do you see your family practitioner?

Hi all. Hope everyone is well. Quick question.....We have arrived in the Austin area and I am setting up all of Courtney's medical care. Living in a city without a CF center and going thru the military hospitals for Courtney's medical care we have never really used an official CF Center. How...
  3. S

Making a very quick move

Hi all. Sorry it has taken me so long to update on Courtney. She was in the hospital for a few days, received IV antibiotics and sent home. They never did quite figure out what was going on with her. Yesterday I found out we are moving to the Austin area on MONDAY. Very quick decision and...
  4. S

Update on Courtney

Hi all Only have a few minutes cuz I have to go back to the hospital. Courtney was admitted today. Hopefully we can figure out what is going on. Thank you for the suggestions and comments. Will post as soon as we find out anything. Seana
  5. S

At my wits end

Hi all. Hope everyone is well. I am going to try to make a long story short. Courtney is ill and no one can seem to figure out what is wrong! About 3 weeks ago Courtney was started on Augmentin for a sinus infection (no big deal, she gets sinus infections about 3 to 4 times a year. While on...
  6. S

Courtney

Hi all, Sorry it has been so long since I have updated on Courtney. I started a new job that keeps me quite busy! Courtney has been doing well. She tried to put her size 0 jeans on yesterday and they were to tight so she is gaining the weight back! She has put on about 4 pounds since she...
  7. S

Enzymes and Birth Control Pills

Quick question..... If someone is not properly taking there enzymes and is taking birth control pills, will the birth control pills still work properly? I am assuming if you are not taking your enzymes, you are not completely digesting what you swallow, so the birth control pills will not be...
  8. S

Prednisone

Hi all! It has been quite some time since I have posted on here. I pop in every now and then to make sure everyone is well, but feel weird posting here with Courtney not living with me on a daily basis. Courtney is adjusting to life in Maryland well. She started her junior year in high...
  9. S

WHO IS

On the home page there is a video of a child sitting in a highchair taking enzymes. I am curious if this is a child of one of our members? It is so impressive to watch him take the enzymes! I think I watched the video 5 times in a row...lol. Seana Whoops....sorry...it is no longer on the...
  10. S

Courtney is feeling weird

Hello all. Courtney just pulled me aside to have a talk. She said she is a little worried because she is having some strange things happen. She said for about the last week her emotions are all over the place. One minute she is mad, the next happy, then angry, etc. I asked her if this was...
  11. S

How do you........

Courtney came home from her friends house the other day in tears. Her two best friends, Justin and Jacob knew she had CF but they never really had a big discussion about it. For whatever reason the boys along with their dad researched CF on the internet. The next day when she went to their...
  12. S

I KNOW IT HAS BEEN AWHILE

Courtney has been complaining of feeling like she is going to pass out. She does have some small issues with panic attacks, but she says this feels different. When I talked to her about it I asked her to explain what she was feeling, and I kind of blew it off and said it was panic until she...
  13. S

PANIC ATTACKS AGAIN

About 5 years ago I was having severe panic attacks. The doc put me on Zoloft. I was on it for about a year and have had no problems with panic attacks again until recently. I think everything going on with the kids health has got me totally stressed out. (Plus a teenage driver.... now that...
  14. S

5 POSITIVE THINGS

Between Lauren's 5 appointment root canal, Cameron's foot, and Courtney not feeling well for a month I feel like I live at the doctor's office. Moral is down in my house right now so I decided to start a post of POSITIVE things about being in the doctor's office. 1. I have caught up on...
  15. S

HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A

I had to take my 12 year old son to the doc today. About 6 months ago he got what looked like maybe a splinter in the heel of his foot. I told him we would keep an eye on it but I thought it would be okay. About a week ago as he was walking out of school I noticed he was walking weird. I...
  16. S

WHEN IS IT TIME-UPDATED

Courtney has not been well for weeks now. Every since she had that bad cough she has not been well. She is missing day after day of school, is not eating well, has stomach aches, sore throats, and fatigue. As most of you know we do not live close to a CF center so I am taking her to her...
  17. S

mom2lillian

You talked about peanut butter no bake cookie in Terri's blog. Would you please share the recipe! I know that is something Courtney would eat, and you said they are real easy to make. THANKS!! Seana
  18. S

CAN YA'LL PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME

As most of you know Courtney has coughed for 2 weeks straight. She is now feeling VERY out of breathe. Here is my question.......... How can someone has a clear x-ray, FEV1 of 94% (this is down from her normal 109%), pulse ox of 96%, and still be coughing so hard, rattling when breathing...
  19. S

COURTNEY

Well....I am holding on the phone praying I can get a night clinic appointment so we don't have to go to the ER. Not only has Courtney's cough not gotten any better but now she is having severe stomach pain. She can not sit down without looking like a pregnant woman trying to sit on the couch...
  20. S

ANOTHER QUESTION ABOUT COURTNEY'S COUGH

Courtney's cough is now a deep barking cough. She says she has felt "pressure" in the middle of her chest all day? What the heck does this mean??? Seana