Search results

1. A

Huff Coughs

Does anyone know if you can over do it with huff coughs? Can huff coughing too hard shut down airways?
  2. A

Cutting

kmhbeauty, my heart goes out to you so much. It is near the holidays and it's good you have your mom. I don't claim to understand the emotion that you must have to go through all of this and dealing with cf. I don't want anyone to feel alone. I hope you find someone who deserves you and that...
  3. A

Cutting

Sorry, there is more to the story. She did break up with her boyfriend and feels very bad about that. School is causing anxiety and CF is really difficult to face. She is 15 and a very good student. We are a close family and things are usually very good at home. This came as a surprise to us...
  4. A

Cutting

My daughter has started self inflicting razor cuts on her arms. Has anyone had to deal with that? I am planning on getting professional help but I think having CF has a lot to do with it. There may be school issues pressures adding to it as well.
  5. A

Glucose Meters

Yes, thank you for your response. This is very new to us and your advice gives us some hope. My daughter is in denial and doesn't eat the right foods. As parents, we continue to work on trying to get the message through to her that she could have some control of this situation. We still don't...
  6. A

Glucose Meters

Any suggestions on which Glucose Meter is good? Our insurance covers OneTouch Ultra II One Touch Mini, Breeze II (with disk) contour, Freestyle (mini machine and regular) and Kroger brand. 2nd question: Does CFRD require insulin shots or pumps every day?
  7. A

Nagging

I have to say, I agree with all of your perspectives and thank you for the feedback. My wife is very much in line with the post from baco and I am more in alignment with Calimom. I think I needed to hear both sides and I must say baco, your story is very powerful and has opened my eyes to see...
  8. A

Nagging

How much parenting a child is too much? Our daughter is 14 and has good PFT's and does a pretty good job of doing therapy but not always. She hates to hear, what have you had for lunch today, or are you going to do hypersal or chest therapy tonight did you take your enzymes? It is turning into a...
  9. A

What do I give her for allergies?

My daughter uses allegra and that seems to work great. She has allergies and nose polyps and this seems to be the best one for her.
  10. A

Disaster hospital stay

I mentioned this in my thread on pancreatis but once again, we brought my daughter to the ER because she was having abdominal pain. The nurse thought it would be okay to release her after having a pain med and some iv fluids. In order to speed things up because it was 1 am, she put a pressure...
  11. A

So. Oregon

Any CF families in So. Oregon? If so, do you drive to Portland for all of your clinics or do you take advantage of the Medford visits?
  12. A

Home from school

Thank you for those points. I will share that with her and that is exactly what she needs to hear. I think there is a fear that missing some school will be a disaster.
  13. A

Home from school

I am not a teenager but my daughter is 14 and is having problems with her pancrease. She is probably going to miss a lot of school because of the pain in her abdomen. Do any of you have any advise for her that have been in this situation?
  14. A

Pancreatitis

Bill - I agree with your last post. I don't think they understand cf here and it shows. Thank you for your feedback on this subject.
  15. A

Pancreatitis

Unfortunatly, we are bringing her to the local ER because the clinic is 4.5 hrs. away. There are times when the CF Clinic will bring a team down to this hospital to help us out so we don't have to drive so far and so often.
  16. A

Pancreatitis

After she was released from the hospital, she had another flair up. Her Lipase was around 200 and she was having pain so we went back to the ER. The gave her some pain meds and an IV of Sodium Chloride. They knew we wanted to get out of there because it was very late so the put a bag that pumps...
  17. A

Pancreatitis

Are there any things that can be done to prevent pancreatitis attacks? Does missing enzymes bring it on and will thtey help prevent an attack? Or is it more related to what foods are eaten?
  18. A

Pancreatitis

This is the first confirmed pancreatitis attack however I think there have been one or two in the past and we didn't know what it was. She is 14 and was dx'ed at age 7. Thank you all for your prayers.
  19. A

Pancreatitis

Sheila was admitted to the hospital last night with severe pain from cf pancreatitis. This is also a very rough time for all of us because her Grandmother just passed away and the funeral is Friday. Looks like Sheila won't be going anywhere very soon.'