Search results

1. A

Huff Coughs

Does anyone know if you can over do it with huff coughs? Can huff coughing too hard shut down airways?
  2. A

Cutting

My daughter has started self inflicting razor cuts on her arms. Has anyone had to deal with that? I am planning on getting professional help but I think having CF has a lot to do with it. There may be school issues pressures adding to it as well.
  3. A

Glucose Meters

Any suggestions on which Glucose Meter is good? Our insurance covers OneTouch Ultra II One Touch Mini, Breeze II (with disk) contour, Freestyle (mini machine and regular) and Kroger brand. 2nd question: Does CFRD require insulin shots or pumps every day?
  4. A

Nagging

How much parenting a child is too much? Our daughter is 14 and has good PFT's and does a pretty good job of doing therapy but not always. She hates to hear, what have you had for lunch today, or are you going to do hypersal or chest therapy tonight did you take your enzymes? It is turning into a...
  5. A

So. Oregon

Any CF families in So. Oregon? If so, do you drive to Portland for all of your clinics or do you take advantage of the Medford visits?
  6. A

Home from school

I am not a teenager but my daughter is 14 and is having problems with her pancrease. She is probably going to miss a lot of school because of the pain in her abdomen. Do any of you have any advise for her that have been in this situation?
  7. A

Pancreatitis

Sheila was admitted to the hospital last night with severe pain from cf pancreatitis. This is also a very rough time for all of us because her Grandmother just passed away and the funeral is Friday. Looks like Sheila won't be going anywhere very soon.'