Search results

1. J

mama - possible CF - Question

Thank you everyone. I spoke with the nurse and was told that my CT scan did not show any pneumonia or scarring that was consistent with CF. It did, however, show inflammation. Does anyone have any idea what that means? The doctor is very busy and I guess not going to call me until she see...
  2. J

I had my PFT's done today, along with a CT scan. Waiting to reschedule the rest of tests because my son was sick today. Here they are. Any thoughts would be appreciated FVC 85 91 FEV1 67 74 FEV1/FVC 63 65 25/75 37 43 Lung Volumes: TLC 105 VC...
  3. J

Hi. Had my CF appointment last Friday. I go this Tues for testing: high def CT, sweat, and breathing tests. Also full sequencing and 18 blood tests. Very thorough. Hope to have some answers. She thinks it could be CF but wants to rule out auto-immune problems. She also thinks my older...
  4. J

Anyone diagnosed with CF with a very negative sweat test?

Hi, My son has a mutation (F1052V) that gives a negative sweat test. He was originally tested because of PI. At 7 he developed lung issues (4 pneumonias). Genetics just confirmed this year, after being diagnosed two and a half years ago on clinical. Second mutation was re-classified this...
  5. J

Thank you for the input and support. I am afraid of having problems myself and having to take care of Justin. I see the adult CF center in two weeks. hope to feel better soon.
  6. J

Hi, My 9 year old son is diagnosed with CF. I have an 11 year old that is just a carrier (several poly's but still carrier). Here is where my question comes in to those that were diagnosed as adults. I believe even a few were diagnosed after their children. I have had a cough for almost 2...
  7. J

What is the best CF genetic test?

Hi, My son was only recently genetically confirmed with CF. We were in the same spot as your child. When he was first tested two years ago, he had one mutation, three poly's and something with 7t/11t. One of his poly's is now considered disease causing. Justin's first fecal elastase test was...
  8. J

What is the best CF genetic test?

Hi, My son was only recently genetically confirmed with CF. We were in the same spot as your child. When he was first tested two years ago, he had one mutation, three poly's and something with 7t/11t. One of his poly's is now considered disease causing. Justin's first fecal elastase test was...
  9. J

Daughter Genetic Test Results - Please read and send feedback

We passed the sweat test and only had one disease causing and double 7t (something or other) and three polys of unknown significance until this Feb when one of the "unknown" was reclassified as disease causing. He had been diagnosed at Hopkins off of the 1 mutation and clinical. Now we are...
  10. J

Pancreas or gallbladder problems?

Partial blockage of the bowel or something with the pancrease? Justin's was a bowel obstruction in June. What did they do for the obstruction?
  11. J

Pancreas or gallbladder problems?

Hi, My 9 1/2 year old son has had GI issues since birth. He is PI and on Creon. He also suffers from bacterial overgrowth which he does a 10 on 4 off schedule of Flagyl. Also on Prevacid. He has had increased nausea almost every time he eats (within 15-30 minutes), and several bouts of pain...
  12. J

My son hates his treatments HELP!!

Hi, my son was diagnosed at 7 and I can completely relate. He was too young to really understand the consequences. He is now 9 1/2 and it can still be a battle (more all the pills). Maybe you could try taking him shopping and choosing a couple of fun things (legos, whatever) and it can be...
  13. J

Genetically Confirmed after 2 years

I just want to share that after 2 years of minor questioning (my part as well as a couple of the doctors - not CF) my 9 year old son is genetically confirmed. Two and a half years ago we were known to have 1 mutation, 3 poly's, double 7t and have passed the sweat test. Clinically he showed...
  14. J

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

We left CHOP a couple of years ago because my son was difficult to diagnose (passed sweat test and only 1 mutation at the time) and went to Hopkins after the first of a string of 4 pneumonias where his doctor knew the mutation (had another patient with it) and diagnosed him without genetics. He...
  15. J

Bacterial intestinal overgrowth

Thank you everyone. I have not posted in several months. We got on a schedule of 10 days on and 4 off. Not sure why Justin is still has so much nausea. He did an in-patient clean out for a partial obstruction which ruled out constipation being the cause. He is lactose intolerant but was...
  16. J

7 month old son has moderate pancreatic insufficiency. Confused.

Good luck in finding out the issues with Cricket. I know that with a mom like you that is on top of things, you will figure it out. We went 13 months trying to figure it out and, when the time was right, symptoms came to light that led to a diagnosis and treatment. I am sure this will happen...
  17. J

We are triple paste family. Keep it in every bathroom for little guy (9). When he misses enzymes - very rarely but I have found them in the bottom of snack bags (or not enough or has something that he is reactive/allergic to) his ***** swells up too so we use it for that.
  18. J

When we did our first, we waited about 5 weeks to do the next. We were told that if it was low due to a viral reason it could take a while to come back. The third one that we did was in July (first in early Jan, second in mid Feb). I would ask to have it retested after about 6 weeks just to...
  19. J

Hi, I am so sorry to hear what you are going though. It sounds a lot like my little (9) guy when he was that age. He went from 75% in weight (25 in height) to below 10% for weight. He also had the reflux that completely shut down his respiratory system (11 days in NICU at CH of Phila) at 3...
  20. J

CPT Advice... Use a Regular Massager?

We used our brookstone massager on my (then) 7 year old when he had a string of pneumonias-infections right before we got the vest. It did not do as good of a job as the vest, but much better than nothing and at the time it hurt him too much to do the manual every 2 hours. Good luck to you!!!