Search results

1. dbtoo2

Sad that this particular site is now attracting idiots who just intend to spam it

This site used to be a successful place for people with CF. We had the occasional trolls that joined, some with disease by internet proxy. But of late, this amount of spam created, moron's trying to sell products, sex, it's just sad.
  2. dbtoo2

AI Powered App could predict health care...

AI is a program. It's at the mercy of its creators. The results will only ever be what the content writers say it will be. Even when they have enough power and memory to begin to generate their own neural network connections, STILL it will only do what the originators permit. and THAT is...
  3. dbtoo2

When did you decide to stop going to work?

That's not true! You won't get more sick because you stop working. I do MORE today, Because I stopped working. Increasing difficulties is a way of life in a genetically degenerative disease. You cannot always avoid issues. But many are, depending on many things to include, but not limited...
  4. dbtoo2

We remember Jazzysmom. 5 years

all these years... i'm still here and still think about those we've lost... :cry:
  5. dbtoo2

do you have medicare and are on trikafta?

I went with the medicare advantage plans. you have to watch those though, you might need to switch plans like i did because the plan i had dropped my CF clinic hospital's pharmacy from their plan. There are multiple copay assistance options. do a search for copay assistance programs. i was...
  6. dbtoo2

Hypertonic Saline Backordered

Yes. Pharmacy decided to swith me to 3% normal saline for injection in 15ml vials, as if it was the same thing! Then they lied about it and said it was what the doctor had ordered for me. I've been told there is a 3.5% hypertonic solution available.
  7. dbtoo2

I signed up at https://copays.org/portal/#/login 'register' to apply and create an account. I haven't tried to get a reimbursement yet, I'm just getting things set up for next year.
  8. dbtoo2

Creon vs Zenpep

i've done much better on zenpep. creon gave me several bouts with fibrosing colonopathy and constant bloating. zenpep is much better. understanding the fat contents of what you are eating and how many pills of which strength to address the fats consumed is of great importance. i have two...
  9. dbtoo2

We remember Jazzysmom. 5 years

:cry:
  10. dbtoo2

What insurance plans are you on that cover trikafta while on Medicare? Or did you give up Medicare to take a separate policy?
  11. dbtoo2

Trikafta with no purge???

been on trikafta for almost a year, no purge.
  12. dbtoo2

Am I tired of this work?

Thank you Imogene!
  13. dbtoo2

Beth Sufian's guide to insurance

The link no longer was working
  14. dbtoo2

Abilify and Trikafta?

what does the PDR day about abilify . An austistic child my not be capable of voicing concerns when they've experienced side affects! kalydeco is in the PDR. but not trikafta yet.
  15. dbtoo2

Inhaled Tobi vs. Tobramycin

Ask the Dr to mark your perscription for TOBI as 'medically necessary' 'dispense as written'. The insurance company and state laws allow for the substitution of drugs for generics if they don't mark it as dispense as written. i've found the generic tobramycin, depending on the manufacturer...
  16. dbtoo2

High Cholesterol on trikafta?

I have a similar experience. Dizziness too!
  17. dbtoo2

Scared about the future?

what if tomorrow comes? What if tomorrow comes? All your life you're told, that you will never grow too old. Your life defined by a DNA strand, mutated uncontrolled. "Don't expect to be able to do, like others without this disease." "You can't", "You shouldn't", "You must not", of these we...
  18. dbtoo2

Looking for CF doctor in Southwest Florida

Dr. Daniel Layish - Orlando Fl. - http://www.cfpulmonary.com/services/cfpg-adult-cystic-fibrosis-center/ Tell him his 60 yr old non-compliant obese cf patient sent you (That's what TGH Tampa CF Clinic said about me when they refused me to come to their tampa clinic.) Dr. Layish has been...
  19. dbtoo2

Creon 24

Here is a description of "Zenpep (pancrelipase) is a combination of three enzymes (proteins): lipase, protease, and amylase. These enzymes are normally produced by the pancreas and are important in the digestion of fats, proteins, and sugars." Opinion Only! - Yeah, it was 'common' that the...
  20. dbtoo2

Change in prescription category for Creon

try switching to zenpep switch to Zenpep. looks like it should be on the formulary. ok, the link didn't work... https://www11.anthem.com/ca/pharmacyinformation/