Search results

1. T

Hot tubs

Quick question. I know hot tubs are bad, but what exactly is the reasoning? Also, what can be done or what type of hot tub do you need to make it safe to go in as a CFer? Sorry for being short. Thanks.
  2. T

Composer F. Chopin

Hi all! As a music major, I was interested to come across this article about one of the great romantic era composers Frederic Chopin. A 1987 article and an update in 2003 suggest that he may have died from cystic fibrosis rather than the default lung disease of the era, tuberculosis. This...
  3. T

Reaction to Advair

I think my heart started flipping out due to Advair last night, has anybody else had anything like this happen?
  4. T

Commercial Driver's License

Does anybody here hold a CDL? Is it possible to hold one with cf? The web site isn't very specific as to what medical ailments disqualify one from holding a CDL. Thanks
  5. T

Goodsearch.com

I just heard about www.goodsearch.com...it's a search engine powered by yahoo that donates to your favorite organization (charity or school) every time you search. The CFF has raised over $1400 already, and if everyone uses this engine, we can really propel this into a huge success for the CFF.
  6. T

Summer Camp Help

Hi all. I'm working at a summer camp and have just been named the captain of half of the camp in our annual camp war, and this year's theme is Ketchup vs. Mustard. I am on the mustard side of things. If anyone has an connection to anything mustard that can somehow donate or lend some kind of...
  7. T

Full Time Teacher

Has anyone with cf had an experience as a full time school teacher? I see it now as good health insurance, short work days to ensure enough rest, and summers off to rebuild my health if it wavers a bit. Does anyone have any input about teaching with cf?
  8. T

Living with cystic fibrosis

I don't do a lot of posting at this forum or any other CF forum. Most of my time here is just spent reading the posts I think I can learn a thing or two from. I wanted to post something and maybe get an "amen" or two from the crowd if I'm lucky. I'm not going to say anyone is wrong or any...
  9. T

Great Strides Pt. Pleasant

Is anyone going to be at the Great Strides walk in Point Pleasant New Jersey on May 21?
  10. T

Gaining weight

I need to gain weight, and no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to gain a pound. What tips can you recommend for me?
  11. T

Quality of Life

I have a general question for anyone out there who feels they can answer it. At what point in the progression of CF did you really feel your quality of life was beginning to change for the worse? Right now I'm in college and as active as everyone else I know, and I keep wondering when I'm going...
  12. T

Know Allan Personally?

Hi all! Since Allan's passing, I've been talking with Jessica (Allansgirl) over e-mail about writing a movie script based on his life. It would likely be just for Jessica to have as something to remember him by as I'm just a fledgling writer with delusions of...well...money... In any case, I'm...
  13. T

Any musicians?

I just wanted to know who out there was a musician. I have been playing wind instruments since I was 10, and they have dramatically helped my lung function. I wanted to recommend this practice to parents who have children who may be readey to play an instrument.