Search results

1. E

Pharmacutical vs Herbal -> Well researched herbal alternatives

I agree with Scarecrow, for me the secret to regaining my health has been to improve my glutathione levels (using Cellgevity). My health strategy is entirely natural now, and includes an anti-inflammatory paleo diet, garlic, oregano oil, probiotics and hypertonic saline. I have avoided...
  2. E

Manuka Honey treatment for Psuedomonas

Oregano oil is a potent natural antibiotic too. You can read about it here
  3. E

Bloating

I use to get bloated too until I gave up wheat and followed a more natural 'paleo' diet. Now I never get bloated. Switching to coconut oil helps too as it is very easily digested.
  4. E

Coconut Oil - No Enzymes Required!

I love coconut oil too and use it in all my cooking, baking, smoothies and energy balls! Coconut oil has numerous health properties and contains special 'lauric oils' (similar to those found in human breast milk) that can improve digestion, strengthen the immune system, reduce inflammation and...
  5. E

Encouragement to those struggling to improve lung function

My lung capacity has increased from 3.21 Litres last year to 3.71 Litres now which is 100% predicted! I agree with running4life that there are so many things that we can do to help ourselves stay well, which I talk about on my blog :) Anti-inflammatory 'paleo' type diet, glutathione &...
  6. E

Australian wanting to get Kalydeco from USA or UK (or anywhere!)

Fingers crossed that they put Kalydeco on the PBS here in Australia! :)
  7. E

Mrsa

I had MRSA a few years ago but managed to get rid of it after 6 months on oral fusidin/rifampicin. Now I follow a natural health regime and am healthier than ever. Good luck & good health :)
  8. E

can CREON capsules be kept in a refrigeorator?

I also live in Queensland and always keep Creon in the fridge. Enzymes lose their potency if stored above 25 degrees C.
  9. E

Omron Micro-Air Electronic Nebulizer System NE-U22V

I have used the Omron NE U22, but I prefer the Aeroneb Go (easier to clean, more powerful, etc). I have done a video review of both nebulizers (plus the Pari Trek S) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8w-KnDIjXg
  10. E

Sleep Question

Hello, I used to need 10-11 hours sleep per night too and I would still wake up exhausted. I was always falling asleep on the sofa at 8pm (which was annoying as I would never get to see the end of a movie!) However, since I have been supplementing my glutathione levels, I have a lot more energy...
  11. E

CF and salt

Yes I put lots of salt on my food too! I always make sure it is good quality Himalayan salt with no flowing agents and additives.
  12. E

Help- Going to Italy. Pari TREK? other traveling advice

Hi CFcyster! I travel frequently and just wrote a blog post with some travel tips! I highly recommend the Pari Trek. It is powerful enough to nebulise most things but small & quiet. You can buy a European plug adapter for it. Have a great trip!
  13. E

Curcumin

Hi, Curcumin is an ingredient in the natural supplement I take. Cellgevity is a natural anti-inflammatory that helps to increase the body's production of glutathione which decreases inflammation. I used to struggle with inflammation but my health has radically improved since starting this...
  14. E

please tell me about the sore throat remedies?????

Have you had glandular fever (also called "infectious mononucleosis")? This could be the reason for the symptoms you describe, but you would need a blood test to confirm. I suggest visiting your doctor today. Gargling with salt water every 3 hours and taking soluble asprin is very helpful...
  15. E

Glutathione Safe for those with diabetes or CFRD? Questions for others and self done research links inside.

Yes, glutathione is safe and beneficial for those with diabetes. Taking glutathione orally doesn't do much, because it is broken down in the stomach, so you need to take the precursors. Check out www.Glutathione4CF.com for more info
  16. E

Pseudomonas still there after erradication protocol. WWYD?

Hi Edan, Pseudo can be very persistent unfortunately. I started culturing it at 13 but didn't require I-V's until I was around 20. You can be healthy with it there in the background and just treat with cipro if it flares up. A course of LGG probiotics would be useful to replace all the healthy...
  17. E

Fungal infection in lungs

Apparently raw red cabbage is effective against fungal infections. Here is the link to the scientific article http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21915230
  18. E

To all the green smoothies drinkers...and anyone with pseudo!!

Rob, thank you for your excellent post. You are so right about quality nutrition being essential to health!
  19. E

Overseas CF clinic

Hi there, I live in Queensland, Australia and can highly recommend the CF team here in Brisbane. The standard of care is excellent and the Queensland climate is rather beneficial for CF too! Where do you live? Contact me if you would like more information.