Search results

1. L

Getting fat on Orkambi

Has anyone else been gaining weight like crazy on Orkambi? I know weight gain is one of the positives of Orkambi, and I was looking forward to hopefully gaining a few pounds. I have been on Orkambi for about 2 months now, and I have gained about 13 lbs. I don't want to gain any more weight...
  2. L

Pharmacy and Orkambi

Where will we be able to have our Orkambi scripts filled? I haven't gotten mine yet. Will they be like Tobi and Pulmozyme where you can have them filled at any pharmacy (or specialty pharmacy), or will it be like Cayston where only a few pharmacies are authorized to distribute? Thanks...
  3. L

Hoping this isn't my new normal...

Hi All - I've just turned 36. My first 35 + years were normal, very normal. I was an athlete, a mom, a college graduate, and a ton more....a fun person, etc. I had never had a bout of pneumonia or hospitalization. I never did breathing treatments,, except Tobi...sometimes. I had a baby at...
  4. L

Breastfeeding - tobi or cayston?

I posted this on the adult forum too - hoping to get some advice! I just had my baby last week, and I am breastfeeding. I had avoided using Tobi during my pregnancy, but now I would like to start back on it. Has anyone used Tobi (or Tobi podhaler) while breastfeeding? Would you recommend...
  5. L

Breastfeeding Tobi or Cayston?

I just had my baby last week, and I am breastfeeding. I had avoided using Tobi during my pregnancy, but now I would like to start back on it. Has anyone used Tobi (or Tobi podhaler) while breastfeeding? Would you recommend Tobi or Cayston (I've never used Cayston but willing to try it.)...
  6. L

Cord Blood Banking

Has anyone done private or donated cord blood? It's so expensive to do private! I am trying to make a decision on what to do...thanks for any input!
  7. L

Pregnant! Now what?

Hi all. Here is a little about me. I am 34 years old and have been married for over 12 years. We have 2 adopted children. My FEV is 108% and am thankfully very healthy. We had done IVF in the past which resulted in an early m/c and ectopic pregnancy (gave up on that 6 + years ago!) We...