Search results

1. L

IVF - CF Female

Hi I too have been through IVF and my fertility doctor had never dealt with a cf lady doing IVF . I was a little nervous but she's good and my health is good so I just did it. One thing I discussed with my cf was doing one embryo at a time. We're still on round one and will be having our last...
  2. L

coughing up blood help

Hi Cam, try not to worry so much. I know it's hard not to. This is likely to be an infection that hadn't totally cleared after your last treatment. It doesn't mean it's a decline. I had a rough time 5 years ago with similar symptoms. Icoughed up blood did IIVs but infection hadn't cleared but...
  3. L

polyp in utetus having it removed. anyone go through this?

Thank you red9928 for your response. Delighted for you with having twins amazing. My sister had twin girls and. my brother had twin girls too. Twins are amazing. I have done a round of IVF and we have one embryo left if this round. I had early miscarriage before Xmas. Could have been due to...
  4. L

polyp in utetus having it removed. anyone go through this?

Hi all I hope this finds you all well. I am looking for some reassurance lol we have been doing IVF and now I have a polyp in my uterus! I will have it out in May. For some reason I'm so scared and nervous!! Not of the procedure but of the sedation! I met the doctor who does it and he was very...
  5. L

Surprising Results with Essential Oils! Give it a Go!

Feeling better I have been doing pretty good but feel like I have had a slight increase in my cough for a while. I am very thankful though as I haven't been sick for a long time even with putting my body through a lot over the last year! We have been doing IVF and started last year and just...
  6. L

Hi Thank you all for your messages. I finally bought a diffuser and found the oil. I couldn't find the 4 thieves oil but my husband did some research and found a study that was done using chinese cinnamon oil that eradicated pseudomonus and staph so I have started using that. I only started last...
  7. L

this sounds so good. I am going to try this as to eradicate pseudo would be so great! I am an Irish lady living in France. I'm excited to try this. I have a hospital appointment in 2 weeks, I wonder if results would start showing or is that too soon. can you tell me did you rub oil directly...
  8. L

more info please Hi thanks so much for posting your story. I am very interested and excited to try this also using this thieves oil. I have CF and would try anything to eradicate pseudomonus. I have a couple of questions, do you rub the oil directly onto your feet and when do you do this? My...
  9. L

Failed Frozen Embryo Transfer few questions any help appreciated

Hi Loulou, what did you mean when you said this? "No real advice other than that pre-seed is a good *sperm friendly* lubricant that may help the sperm swim more freely before getting stuck in cf mucus." Sorry i'm just a bit confused not sure what you are referring to? Anything that might help...
  10. L

Hi Loulou and Welshwitch. It's hard being positive after the inital bad news that it hasn't worked. You need some time to heal and get ready to try again. I did take guaifenesin orally when we were trying naturally. Now we're on the IVF journey becauseof male issues. I had the fallopion tubes...
  11. L

Hi John Thanks so much for your post. What an amazing story and congrats on the birth of your beautiful daughter . What a journey you guys had but i'm sure you'd do it all over again for your daughter. We are dealing with male issues. Thankfully all my tests were fine. I was shocked by this...
  12. L

Hi All I hope this finds you all well. I have posted before but i'll update to bring you up to speed!! We did a fresh IVF cycle back in June and that failed. We had a break for a while and in November just gone we did a frozen embryo transfer. All was going well our first blood test 9th...
  13. L

Trying to concieve help please

Hi Kim, My husband and I were trying for a long time to have a baby. After a long time and no luck we finally both got checked out. As I have CF I just presumed I'd have the problem and I was so nervous and scared!! Turned out my husband has the problem and all my tests were ok! I remember the...
  14. L

How did your decline go?

Hi All, I hope you are doing good and those who are sick get well soon. I think that everyone is different and not all CFers decline rapidly or the same at all. There are CFers on this site that haven't had their decline rapidly and haven't needed a transplant and I'd love to hear their stories...
  15. L

IVF success stories, please share need to hear some positive stories

Hi guys Thank you so much for sharing your stories. I loved reading them and reading about your little miracles that you now have and it's amazing. It really helps me think positively for when we do our embryo transfer. I'm so sorry i'm only posting again after all these weeks. I have been...
  16. L

Reactions to Ceftazidime

reaction to antibiotics I too had a similar reaction and i'm nearly sure it was while I was taking ceftazidime. I had been on it for more than a week before the symptoms started. First symptom was tiredness, a tiredness i'd never felt before! I knew it wasn't right! I told the hospital and they...
  17. L

IVF success stories, please share need to hear some positive stories

Hi everyone I posted on another thread before asking about early stages of pregnancy. My name is Elaine, 32 with CF. We just finished our first round of IVF, single embryo transfer after 2 days. It started off so well our first beta hcg blood test 12 days post transfer just last Monday 17 June...
  18. L

What to expect for early stages of pregnancy

Hi All I hope this finds you all well. So we are now finished our second round of IVF. It's our first full attempt as during round 1 we only got as far as hormone injections for 2 weeks then it was cancelled!! So on Monday just past, I had my egg pick up. They got 8 follicles. Yesterday we had...
  19. L

What to expect for early stages of pregnancy

Thanks guys for the responses. I am also mostly asymptomatic due to the mutations I have. I am very nervous about it all lol.. but fingers crossed it all goes well. I was delighted to hear your experiences. I think thoughts of the unknown can be quite scary! I work part-time now and we live in a...
  20. L

Having another baby with all the treatments we do

Hi All I am new to this site. I am hoping to have baby no 1 and get pregnant soon. I am interested to hear how you felt at the very beginning of your pregnancy like when you were 1 or 2 months gone? I work part-time and if we are lucky and get pregnant soon I have a month long job that i'll be...