Search results

1. S

Worrisome topic - Large Corporations are self insuring

A lot of companies cap the amount they pay. For example, the company I work for has been self insured for years. They only pay the first $250,000 in expenses per employee, our health insurance company pays anything over that amount. I've never had a problem and I've worked there for six years.
  2. S

Worrisome topic - Large Corporations are self insuring

A lot of companies cap the amount they pay. For example, the company I work for has been self insured for years. They only pay the first $250,000 in expenses per employee, our health insurance company pays anything over that amount. I've never had a problem and I've worked there for six years.
  3. S

How many PICCs before Port?

I probably had 20-25 PICCs before I got my port, most of them in my right arm. For whatever reason they could never thread it in my left arm after a handful of PICCs. I wish I had gotten the port sooner, it's so much easier and much less stressful.
  4. S

How many PICCs before Port?

I probably had 20-25 PICCs before I got my port, most of them in my right arm. For whatever reason they could never thread it in my left arm after a handful of PICCs. I wish I had gotten the port sooner, it's so much easier and much less stressful.
  5. S

post transplant lifestyle

I still do Cayston and Tobi, those are the only breathing treatments I do, no vest. Eventually, I'll only be doing one of them instead of both. As far as food restrictions, the only things I can't eat are grapefruit, raw meat and fish, buffets and most fast food. I didn't eat any of them...
  6. S

post transplant lifestyle

I still do Cayston and Tobi, those are the only breathing treatments I do, no vest. Eventually, I'll only be doing one of them instead of both. As far as food restrictions, the only things I can't eat are grapefruit, raw meat and fish, buffets and most fast food. I didn't eat any of them...
  7. S

PFTs after transplant

I was told it takes about a year to get the full effect of the transplant. I'm 4 months out and my FEV1 is 90%, it was 65% when I was discharged.
  8. S

PFTs after transplant

I was told it takes about a year to get the full effect of the transplant. I'm 4 months out and my FEV1 is 90%, it was 65% when I was discharged.
  9. S

Go to the White House Website

The one thing people should be worried about is the changes they are trying to make to the cost of living adjustment. The politicians have decided that the COLA has been too high and are trying to change the way it is calculated in order to "save" money. I always laugh when the government...
  10. S

The one thing people should be worried about is the changes they are trying to make to the cost of living adjustment. The politicians have decided that the COLA has been too high and are trying to change the way it is calculated in order to "save" money. I always laugh when the government...
  11. S

12. S

The estimated tax revenue for August is $200b. SS/SSDI, Medicare payments amount to almost $100b. There is plenty of money to pay SS. Even if there wasn't, there is NO CHANCE that Obama, with an election coming next year is not going to pay SS. Old people vote, if they don't get their check...
  13. S

The estimated tax revenue for August is $200b. SS/SSDI, Medicare payments amount to almost $100b. There is plenty of money to pay SS. Even if there wasn't, there is NO CHANCE that Obama, with an election coming next year is not going to pay SS. Old people vote, if they don't get their check...
  14. S

15. S

There is nothing to worry about. There is enough tax revenue coming in to cover SS, SSDI and Medicare. This is nothing more than an outright lie and scare tactic.
  16. S

There is nothing to worry about. There is enough tax revenue coming in to cover SS, SSDI and Medicare. This is nothing more than an outright lie and scare tactic.
  17. S

18. S

SSDI

It took them about 6 weeks to approve my SSDI. My FEV1 was well below their guidelines (I think I was around 31%). I was making over $1000 a month when I stopped working, but I was on short term disability from work when I applied for SSDI.
  19. S

SSDI

It took them about 6 weeks to approve my SSDI. My FEV1 was well below their guidelines (I think I was around 31%). I was making over $1000 a month when I stopped working, but I was on short term disability from work when I applied for SSDI.
  20. S

SSDI