Search results

1. J

Sputum

Hi guys, I'm sure some of you have had this problem at some stage but iv been coughing up bloody sputum, small enough and I'm pretty sure it's coming from my lungs although my nose has been a little bloody recently also. Iv been doing really well recently and havnt had any chest infections so...
  2. J

Cd for cf

Hi everyone, I'm Aileen, I'm 17 and I live in Ireland. I thought I would make a post about a little project iv been working on recently. I have Cf and have just released a Cd to help raise funds for the 'cystic fibrosis galway hospital project' which is my local hospital and all the money...
  3. J

Enlarged spleen and low platelets

Hi, I'm wondering if any one has the same Issues as me :) I have liver disease due to my cf and it has caused me to have an extremely large spleen resulting in really low platelet count. I need to have surgery on my back for other reasons but I can't because it would be too risky with my low...
  4. J

Any update on kalydeco?

Hey guys, I can't seem to find a definite answer to this. Does anyone know what the lastest update on kalydeco for ddf508 mutation is? I have heard 2014 sometime does anyone know anymore info? Anything would help thank you :)
  5. J

Enlarged spleen

Hey guys, So have been having a lot of appointments back and forth with doctors at the moment and it's such a long story but basically I have cf and also scoliosis which is a curve in the spine...my back has gotten worse and really I should have had surgery on it by now but because I have an...
  6. J

Hyperthyroidism

Iv been having problems with overheating recently and it's a big change for me because normally I'm freezing all the time but now I get really hot when others are complaining of the cold! Doctor said if it persists it might be worth getting my thyroid checked so I think I might get this done...
  7. J

Mutations

Just been thinking about this....how are cf mutations ranked in severity does anyone know? Just curious as to which is the worst and the best :)
  8. J

Help!

Hi! So to put a long story short I have only had iv antibiotics once and 3 weeks ago I was admitted for my second time because I was coughing up bloody sputum. Anyways everything is going well I feel great my lung function has gone from 54% to 61% but today my sputum is all blood again! This...
  9. J

Barrel chest

May sound weird but I hear it's common in cf....Does anybody have a really big ribcage? I can't imagine it being as big a problem for guys but for girls it's awful! it really bothers me I'm 17 and it's impossible to find nice clothes/dresses etc and because I'm so skinny everywhere else my body...
  10. J

Sputum colour

So I'm having a hard time trying to get a good colour sputum at the moment as u can probably tell from all my comments on posts etc...I think it's good that people can talk to other people with cf on this because after all u don't really understand unless your dealing with it yourself right! :p...
  11. J

How do you find pulmozyme?

Hey! So at the moment I'm in hospital for my 2nd time having ivs...due to blood in my sputum :( I am usually on hypertonic saline but while I'm in they have changed me to pulmozyme and I started it yesterday but since then I have this gurgling sensation in my throat and I really hate it it feels...
  12. J

Tobi

Just wondering...recently while iv been on tobi my sputum is blobs of blood, have any of you guys experienced this with tobi? Gonna get checked out 2moro anyways
  13. J

Over heating!

Do people with cf get hotter then other people? My problem is our classroom in school gets super hot and other people say it's a little hot but I get way worse and end up overheating so much it makes me feel sick. I get like this anyways in hot situations but is anyone else the same and have u...
  14. J

Haemoptysis

Hey, so some of you have probably seen a previous post by me about this and its really starting to worry me :( so basically I randomly cough up blood just blood and its not sputum its almost like the blood you would get if you cut your finger. Doctors havnt paid much attention to it and just say...
  15. J

Pseudomonas gone??

Hey everyone so just a quick question to see if any of you experienced the same thing....iv had pseudomonas in my sputum since as long as I can remember but over the last year or so it hasn't been showing up at all just staph, the doctor said it's more than likely still there so not to get too...
  16. J

Hot yoga!

So I'm thinking of starting hot yoga and just looking for some feedback on it :) ino yogas suppose to be brilliant but I'm unsure whether doing the hot yoga (it's in a hot room of about 37 degrees) will be good for cf or not with germs etc Have any of you experienced it and what did you think...
  17. J

Hot yoga

I was thinking of starting hot yoga but I'm unsure if the hot room will be good or bad for people who have cf. Ino that yoga should be very good it's just the hot room I'm not sure about with germs etc? Have any of you experienced hot yoga and did you think it was good? :)
  18. J

Any advice!?

So iv had a headcold the past week and it got quite chesty the last 3 days or so. So yesterday I went in to get checked out and everything seemed ok oxygen etc and the doctor said my chest was clear and have me an antibiotic to use if I thought I was getting worse. I don't feel any worse but...
  19. J

For you unsporty people

Hey, So basically im wondering what you unsporty people do to keep fit? Iv decided that i need to get a grip and get my lung function up because i really am so unfit but I know I'm capable of being better :) I have a treadmill which use on and off but I need to train myself to be consistent with...
  20. J

Tickly cough!

Any of you ever experience really bad random tickly coughs that last for days? I get them ever so often where ill be up all night coughing my brains out and it's more annoying than anything else...I usually wait a day or two to see if it goes itself but end up giving in and going to get checked...