Search results

1. M

Finally received okay from insurance for Ambry testing!

Hi, just letting everyone know that 4 weeks ago I received an okay for my DD to have the Ambry Amplified blood test done. Whew!! it took for ever to get the approval from my insurance for this test. She had blood drawn on 8-1-13. I heard it takes 2-4 weeks for results. Her's are not back yet...
  2. M

3 Sweat test 3 different results

Thanks Sarah. in answers to your questions DD is 7 1/2 and I adopted her in China 4-13. The sweat test were all preformed at the children's Hospital here which is a CF Accredited Center. The sweat test were all done about 2 weeks apart or so. That's why I am so confused. If the same place is...
  3. M

Thanks Sarah. in answers to your questions DD is 7 1/2 and I adopted her in China 4-13. The sweat test were all preformed at the children's Hospital here which is a CF Accredited Center. The sweat test were all done about 2 weeks apart or so. That's why I am so confused. If the same place is...
  4. M

Ambry Amplified testing????

Thanks LL for the information. My DD had a blood test while in China for TB and another skin test when we got back to the US both were negative so fingers crossed this is not the case. I was told the blood test would show if she ever had it or was even exposed. Never heard of this blood test...
  5. M

Ambry Amplified testing????

Hello, looking for information on the Ambry Amplified blood test. I adopted my 7 year old DD from China 4-2013 and she recently was diagnosed with CF. However the Doctor is waiting for a 100 % confirmation on this through the Ambry testing. DD first round of testing came back negative. Not sure...
  6. M

My DD has had 3 sweat test all with 3 different results. first one was 70, second test a couple weeks later was 59 and one done last week was 22. What is going on here? How in the world do they decide which is the true number? She is having them done at a certified CF center and I think it is...
  7. M

New with questions

Hello, I am new here. I would love to get any advice or insight that anyone may have. To give a little background, 7 weeks ago I adopted a 7 ½ year old little girl from China. Before I adopted her I knew she had the diagnosis of severe Cerebral Palsy, failure to thrive, and a few other issues...