Search results

1. B

Erapid nebulizer easycare instructions

I have an Erapid nebulizer and it's not working right. Treatments are taking way too long. I wanted to try cleaning it with the easycare system but I can't find the instructions for it anywhere online. Anyone have them or can walk me through it? Also my Altera nebulizer for Cayston works...
  2. B

Cyproheptadine question

Periactin (Cyproheptadine) question I searched the forum and couldn't really find anything that exactly addressed my question, so forgive me if this has been covered. I just started being seen by a CF center and now I am on a lot of new medicines and treatments. I wasn't diagnosed until I was...
  3. B

Transplant Center in Houston

Hello everyone, I am freaking out a little and I need some input. I am a teacher and my school district just emailed to announce that in January we're switching health plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield to Aetna. If I remember correctly from my old district, the University Transplant Center in...
  4. B

coughing help

Warning this might be gross for some people... my coughing the past few days had been getting pretty bad. It's now to the point where I cough so hard I'm throwing up. I just tried to use my nebulizer and had to stop because I kept coughing and then throwing up a little. It also happens when i...
  5. B

Air Purifiers (HEPA)

Does anyone on here have an air purifier? Does it help? And which one do you recommend?
  6. B

Flying with Oxygen

Anyone know if it's allowed? Is there anything I need to do? Any help would be appreciated.
  7. B

Interesting Novel about Character with CF

Not sure if anyone has posted this here or not... But there's a new novel with a character who has CF. She was diagnosed at 17. The character is based on a friend the author had in college. I just bought it, but I know the author said that copies were being donated to CF centers and she donated...
  8. B

prednisone withdrawal question

I have a question about prednisone withdrawal... I got the flu last month and was really sick for a long time. So I saw my doctor and he put me on prednisone to get me back on my feet. I've been on it in the past and was fine. I did the same 40 mg for four days and then it tapered down 10mg...