Search results

1. C

Phase 3 study of VX-659 triple combination drug

I can't wait either I hope it comes quick I heard it really helps alot
  2. C

Transitioning from children's hospital Pittsburgh to falk clinic

I have been going to falk for years and shadyside for admits I never had a problem having family staying nights at shadyside just rooms r small so far people have treated me very well and do there work very well also
  3. C

UPMC Adult CF Center?

Hi I go to Pittsburgh but live in wv you will usually go to shady side hospital I'm going to be completely honest the outside of the hospital is kinda not the safest place but people r good all they deal with is cf people or people with copd so they know the routine could be newer kinda old...
  4. C

back to upmc

I don't know what to say but doesn't look good for me lung function dropped again down to barley anything im so scared of so muc the usual things whats next what will it b like or this is it sorry so depressing this probably last post when something happens ill have mom let u guys know thank you...
  5. C

back to upmc

Got picc line in today on meropinum and 24 hour zozyen right now but sure those will change once culure comes back never had 24hr zozyen before and I dont know how to spell theses things lol had xray amd moee mucus pluging agian my head has been killing me hope so much its not sinuses and all I...
  6. C

back to upmc

Im headed back to hospital in Pittsburgh after just getting out two months ago my lung function dropped 15% and really hard to breathe I hope they get me fixed this time I think this is the hardest year i have had in my life Im losing hope in getting any better its just been one decline after...
  7. C

For people taking Orkambi

I started it bout 3 weeks ago and last few days cant breathe and on my incentive I can only get half of what I used to and since startrit my back is totally covered in acne I hope this isnt another hospital stay I just got out 2 months ago my back is hurting to when breathing in but anyway has...
  8. C

long term hospital stay

Im getting back my energy and feeling ok just my pfts r down some were 58 now 51 and im feeling ok only thing I can complain about is this wheezing I been having at end of my breath its all the time worse after a treatment does the wheezing something I should ask about or worried about I really...
  9. C

long term hospital stay

Its my first time culturing mersa the other two I have had for long time Im goin to b started on inhaled vanc soon after I go do first dose of it in hospital that doesnt start til nov. At next check up hopin I can stay out of hospital in mean time wondering the experiences with inhaled vanc did...
  10. C

long term hospital stay

I was in upmc for a month had pnemonia and mucus plugs and my pfts went down by 20% culured mersa and b cepicea amd phsudo had bronc scope and had a bad reaction to it got a fever a high one that couldn't get down for couple days got confused amd really scared but it broke and they got out 2...
  11. C

xray showing even more nodules in my lungs and mucus plug still there and more

Im in hospital at upmc shadyside its ok but still not breathing good have yet another or still a pneumonia in lungs I really hope things don't get any worse
  12. C

Im at Pittsburgh now lung function dropping even more not sure whats goin to happen I know something is wrong I just hope it gets better I just dont know what to do
  13. C

I went to doctors the other day cause I was really not breathing good rember I just got out of hospital bout maybe 2 months so did pft was low at 52 usually my base is 58 so I was worried then he argued with me over having pluracy I told him it was ur staff in the hospital that said I had it...
  14. C

Survey results Qualitative You Matter...

Well my parents where and still are helping me with everything from health issues to doctors visits surgeries and emotional problems they are saints im my eyes and when I got married my wife was wonderful at first then after a few years I got worse and needed more help and I guess it wasnt what...
  15. C

really sick guys in hospital

Im still coughing alot and having the pain on deep breath and coughing and blowing out hard they r looking to c if the scope would work but if its in small air way they wouldn't b able to get to it they gave me some pain meds but they not working Pittsburgh doctors are looking at it to c what to...
  16. C

I had pft is 55 base is 58 and they are not sure what my pain is I do have a few mucus plugs and the pluracy everytime I cough it is the worst pain ever if pain wasn't there I would feel alot better I need to cough to get stuff out anyone have mucus plugs can give advice or pluracy thank you for...
  17. C

U guys think this could b a mucus plug doin this pain I cant stand it everytime I breathe in deep or breathe out hard or cough sharp pain in upper right chest goes threw straight to back everytime I breathe had xray no collapse lung or fluid from pluracy just said mucus plugs they said but they...
  18. C

Thank you for all help and encouagement im still having the sharp pain when I breathe in and out but no blood today I go for pft on Thursday hope its still goin right way they did say I have micus plugs in lungs but they didnt seem to worried bout it I just wish it would stop hurting and or they...
  19. C

Finally back home pft back up to 53 base is 58 but im still having blood in mucus and sharp pain that wont go away when I breathe in or out hard anyone know what this is driving me nuts has been goin on while in hospital too they dont know what it is either they said could b the pluracy or from...
  20. C

I having pain in my cheat that goes threw to my back everytime I cough and now I might have to go threw another sinus surgery Getting pft on wendsday to see if I can go home if any better I hate sinus surgery it makes me feel like im suffocating was the worst thing I have been threw it bleed so...