Search results

1. C

Sinus Surgery in 4 Year Old- Looking for Information

Thanks everyone! This information is really helpful, now I'll have some ideas for other options when we go in to meet with the ENT. I think if they suggest surgery anyways we will likely do it but be more aggressive in prevention moving forward. Hopefully he won't need it but now I feel better...
  2. C

Thanks! He's not on HTS at the moment but they are scheduling an HTS challenge for our next visit to see if it tolerates it. We started adding in nasal saline spray with every treatment but he kind of hates it so I don't know how effective it is. I thought I had seen younger kids doing sinus...
  3. C

Hi everyone! My son is 4 years old (DDF508) and it looks like sinus surgery might be happenning in the next few months. From Sept-December he was on sick plan almost non stop (3 weeks to get rid of the illness, 1 week off, repeat)-- no huge illnesses but a very insistent cough that kept coming...
  4. C

Want some TOBI?

Awesome!! I'm so glad it will go to a family that really needs it! Please email me at Gluemeetspaper@gmail.com and I'll get it in the Mail ASAP for you guys :)
  5. C

Want some TOBI?

Hi everyone! My son was taken off TOBI a few weeks ago (one year neg for pseudo! woo hoo!) and we have 1.5 months supply lying around. Could anyone use it? I'm sure there's a family out there that can't afford it and I'd hate for it to go to waste. I'd prefer if you could pay for the overnight...
  6. C

Flu after getting the vaccine

Oh boy. I stopped reading after you declared that neither one of us are scientists. I should have mentioned I am a scientist, I went to Brown, and I've worked in research and quality control for companies that make vaccines and life saving injectables for over 12 years. I can unequivocally state...
  7. C

Flu after getting the vaccine

WOW CFjeff73 could not be more wrong. This kind of BS really makes my blood boil. I could go on and on explaining how dangerous it is for uninformed individuals to spout this type of completely inaccurate and blatently false rhetoric about vaccines but I'll do my very best to ignore it...
  8. C

Advice for Possible Hospital Admission for 3 year old

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for your words of wisdom!! It's really interesting to me that others have a similar experience- I always assumed IV antibiotics were for when he was very sick. My CF Clinic doesn't really do "tune ups" unless the patients are older because they try to keep them out...
  9. C

Advice for Possible Hospital Admission for 3 year old

Hi everyone, I was hoping you could give me some advice about hospitalizations. Some background: my son is 3 and has been on the "healthier" end of the CF spectrum so far (DDF508). He developed a slight cough about 6 weeks ago but the CF clinic wasn't too worried at the time. 2 weeks ago it...