Search results

1. M

anyone had a blood transfusion (low haemoglobin iron)

Just wondering if anyone has had a blood transfusion for low haemoglobin / low iron anaemia etc and if so how did you feel after it and can you share your experience I've had a low count so need to get one and a bit worried really!
  2. M

bipap users

So finally started bipap a while ago and now im past the adjustment period so want to ask a few things to others who use it. I was put on it as i suggested the idea as i was always tired in the day and had a lack of energy and my sats werent great even with oxygen. So because i had to up the...
  3. M

sats become lower AFTER exercise and don't return

I use oxygen and i use a higher flow for when exercising. Recently I've been assessed so everything is right for me etc The issue im having is I was feeling great so decided to start exercising after a long long time of doing nothing more than sit on the sofa as now i have the right o2 flow...
  4. M

URGENT high level lpm oxygen users and bipap users PLEASE read and comment

Need some urgent help here before its too late. Please read it all and comment if you have any help. I have been on 4lpm oxygen from a concentrator for when sitting/idle + very light movement like standing or going to toilet, light walk/steps etc now and this usually keeps my o2 from around...
  5. M

Trying to conquer the invisible demon deep inside

Basically about two years ago I was around say 20-23% and was not on oxygen and was managing fine day to day with sats in mid 90s when resting etc Last year though I was put on 3-4l o2 which I still am on now My current lung function was 17/18% and my oxygen sats are around 88-95 when idle...
  6. M

lowest lung function

A question for you all. Would be nice if some of you can share as Im trying to gauge perspective and asking this for a reason. This is for people with really low lung function or people who have at one point had really low lung function. Can you please state the lowest lung function you have...
  7. M

people using/on oxygen need some input

Need some input from people who are using oxygen. I have been on o2 for a little while now but never been told or had it tested out properly to see what i should really be on. Currently i am on 4litres of o2 and my sats are around 86-94 when IDLE When i move around or walk upstairs etc...