Search results

1. M

Chemo

I had another PETscan last Friday, due to some swelling in my neck. Docs wanted to rule out the possibility of metastasen in the lymphnodes there. It turned out, there weren't any there. But the cancer has metastasized to lymphnodes in my chest. They can't cure it anymore... There were really...
  2. M

Chemo

I had another PETscan last Friday, due to some swelling in my neck. Docs wanted to rule out the possibility of metastasen in the lymphnodes there. It turned out, there weren't any there. But the cancer has metastasized to lymphnodes in my chest. They can't cure it anymore... There were really...
  3. M

Chemo

I had another PETscan last Friday, due to some swelling in my neck. Docs wanted to rule out the possibility of metastasen in the lymphnodes there. <br /> <br />It turned out, there weren't any there. But the cancer has metastasized to lymphnodes in my chest. They can't cure it anymore... There...
  4. M

Chemo

I am in a different situation than you but I will most likely have chemo in about 2 months I think. I am 5 years post double lungtransplant and have/had adenocarcinoma in my new lungs. They removed the upper right lobe where there was a tumour of 3.2cm, it was poorly differentiated, it was...
  5. M

Chemo

I am in a different situation than you but I will most likely have chemo in about 2 months I think. I am 5 years post double lungtransplant and have/had adenocarcinoma in my new lungs. They removed the upper right lobe where there was a tumour of 3.2cm, it was poorly differentiated, it was...
  6. M

Chemo

I am in a different situation than you but I will most likely have chemo in about 2 months I think. <br /> <br />I am 5 years post double lungtransplant and have/had adenocarcinoma in my new lungs. <br />They removed the upper right lobe where there was a tumour of 3.2cm, it was poorly...
  7. M

My niece was diagnosed last year

I think those are things that can happen in every center, but it sure is not nice when it happens. I went to de VU as a child and AMC as adult. I had a double lungtransplant in Groningen in 2006 so that is my center now. Though I don't deal with CF docs anymore really. As my biggest problem has...
  8. M

I think those are things that can happen in every center, but it sure is not nice when it happens. I went to de VU as a child and AMC as adult. I had a double lungtransplant in Groningen in 2006 so that is my center now. Though I don't deal with CF docs anymore really. As my biggest problem has...
  9. M

I think those are things that can happen in every center, but it sure is not nice when it happens. <br /> <br />I went to de VU as a child and AMC as adult. I had a double lungtransplant in Groningen in 2006 so that is my center now. Though I don't deal with CF docs anymore really. As my biggest...
  10. M

Hi Petra, I hope the rest of the forum doesn't mind when I go on in Dutch. My English is pretty perfect if I may say so myself ;-) But maybe your brother and his wife will read this as well. Zoals jij vast weet en Tom ook heeft gezegd, is de zorg hier heel goed geregeld. Ik weet niet naar wel...
  11. M

Hi Petra, I hope the rest of the forum doesn't mind when I go on in Dutch. My English is pretty perfect if I may say so myself ;-) But maybe your brother and his wife will read this as well. Zoals jij vast weet en Tom ook heeft gezegd, is de zorg hier heel goed geregeld. Ik weet niet naar wel...
  12. M

Hi Petra, <br />I hope the rest of the forum doesn't mind when I go on in Dutch. My English is pretty perfect if I may say so myself ;-) But maybe your brother and his wife will read this as well. <br /> <br />Zoals jij vast weet en Tom ook heeft gezegd, is de zorg hier heel goed geregeld. Ik...
  13. M

do all anti-reject meds get lowered over time

Most people are on Valcyte for about 3 months post transplant, sometimes 6 months. Verconizole is an anti fungal right? I had to neb Amphoterazine B for about 3 weeks post transplant. And only after they cultured Aspergillus 6 weeks post tx I was on anti fungal tablets for 6 months. Your...
  14. M

Most people are on Valcyte for about 3 months post transplant, sometimes 6 months. Verconizole is an anti fungal right? I had to neb Amphoterazine B for about 3 weeks post transplant. And only after they cultured Aspergillus 6 weeks post tx I was on anti fungal tablets for 6 months. Your...
  15. M

Most people are on Valcyte for about 3 months post transplant, sometimes 6 months. <br />Verconizole is an anti fungal right? I had to neb Amphoterazine B for about 3 weeks post transplant. And only after they cultured Aspergillus 6 weeks post tx I was on anti fungal tablets for 6 months. <br />...
  16. M

Doctors with CF

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>SRains24</b></i> I'm currently going to school to become a pediatric cardio-thoracic surgeon. To me the pro's out weighed the con's, and so far I've been completely happy with my choice.</end quote></div> <div><br></div><div>Can I...
  17. M

Doctors with CF

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>SRains24</b></i> I'm currently going to school to become a pediatric cardio-thoracic surgeon. To me the pro's out weighed the con's, and so far I've been completely happy with my choice.</end quote> <br>Can I ask you if they really...
  18. M

Doctors with CF

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>SRains24</b></i> I'm currently going to school to become a pediatric cardio-thoracic surgeon. To me the pro's out weighed the con's, and so far I've been completely happy with my choice.</end quote> <br>Can I ask you if they really...
  19. M

Doctors with CF

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>SRains24</b></i> I'm currently going to school to become a pediatric cardio-thoracic surgeon. To me the pro's out weighed the con's, and so far I've been completely happy with my choice.</end quote></div> <div><br></div><div>Can I...
  20. M

Doctors with CF