Search results

1. L

Unvaccinated child in school class - help

Hi - so we have been informed that there “may” be an unvaccinated child (medically exempt) entering into the same class as my son who has CF - it’s a private school so they don’t have to take this child on and we have been with the school for a while. They have asked for our advice and my...
  2. L

Pipeline drugs for dd508 and R560t

Hi all i have been searching all over about where we are for pipeline drugs for dd508 and r560t. My understanding is that none of the vertex drugs work in these mutations (is this the one they stopped?) thanks a million j
  3. L

Anyone in the UK on Kalydeco?

Hi I am originally from the UK but have been in the US for a couple of years where we are lucky to have great healthcare insurance and be close to a wonderful cf center. We have the option to move back to the UK (London) but I'm concerned that access to new drugs in the UK is somewhat difficult...
  4. L

Anyone using alternatives to the vest in young kids?

Hi all. We travel a lot and are looking for alternatives to the vest for our little one (3years). when it's both my husband and I travellibg its not such a problem but if I travel alone it me, two kids (twins) a stroller, 2x car seats, back pack of stuff and a 28lb compressor!!!!! Not a lot of...
  5. L

Mum needs help on getting toddle to use a sippy cup to drink is milk

Hi I was hoping for some advice on my 2 year old. He won't drink his milk/pediasure through anything other than a baby bottle we have been trying to switch him for ages, his twin sister is already on to using a grown up cup, And while there are a million forums on the net saying don't give in...
  6. L

Should I send my 18mth old to a preschool or keep him home?

Ok - I am the very proud mum of twins (boy/girl) one with and one without CF. They are the best of friends but I have been thinking about sending them to preschool for a couple of mornings a week and I wonder if thats selfish of me when I dont have to and he could stay home and safe. Thoughts...