Search results

1. 2

Styrofoam Rx boxes

So I searched the old threads, but was wondering if anyone has found a place to "donate" or recycle the styrofoam boxes that pulmozyme is shipped in. I have given away to friends and family, but we get 3 of these suckers a month and my garage in being over run by them! I hate to just throw them...
  2. 2

College and Health Insurance

My 17 year old CFer is narrowing down colleges she plans on applying to. Unfortunately, the only coverage option at my Husband's employer is HMO so any out of area providers would not be included on this insurance. For any of you CFer's that went to college out of state, what did you do for...
  3. 2

G-tube & cramping

Has anyone had stomache cramping after a g-tube placement? Overall the site feels fine, just a little sore, but getting some severe cramping where the stomache muscles tighten breifly and then relax. If you had this symptom, how long did it take to work out?
  4. 2

A thank you to all

I don't post much, but read the forum quite regularly. We just had our first hospital admission and are currently finishing up home IV's with a picc line. Because of the information I have read on this forum, I think I was much more prepared for this than I otherwise would have been. It...
  5. 2

Creon shortage?

Has anyone heard of a national shortage of creon?  I am having problems with the mail order pharmacy not wanting to send out a 3 month supply.  Supposedly because of the shortage they are only allowed to send out 1 month (or less).  Is this true or are they just giving me a...
  6. 2

Sweat Test

My husband works with someone whose daughter is going through CF testing. She has had positive sweat tests (2) on one arm only and the other arm tested negative both times. She does have lung scarring and although she is tall for her age, she is underweight. They did a genetic screening and I...
  7. 2

Mucomyst and Pulmozyme

I was just wondering if anyone/anyone's kids do both Mucomyst (acetylcysteine) and Pulmozyme. Sarah currently does pulmozyme once a day. I was wondering about asking her dr about adding mucomyst once a day. For those of you who do mucomyst what dosage do you use? My husband does mucomyst...
  8. 2

Comparing Clinics

We may have to be switching clinics in the near future and was wondering if anyone has personal information about either of these clinics. If someone has had experience with both that would be wonderful if you would share what you felt about them. I have looked at the care center date at...
  9. 2

Clearing Plugs

This is our first experience with mucus plugs with Sarah (we have dealt with them with my husband). Anyway, how long after a sickness does it take you/your child to clear the plugs? Sarah had an infection in dec/jan and was on a couple oral antibiotics. Her cough was getting better, then we...
  10. 2

Zithro (MWF) - No PA?

Is anyone on zithro (MWF) even though you don't culture pseudomonas? I'm wondering if this would help with inflammation. I asked Sarah's dr briefly about it one time, but he seemed to indicate they only use it when PA is cultured. I had read a study (done on mice) that it seemed to help cf...
  11. 2

Where is the Rake?

A friend sent this link to me today....it is funny. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.smwa.net/downloads/funny/rake_bush4.swf">Where is the Rake?</a>
  12. 2

IRS Audit

The IRS decides to audit Ralph, and summons him to the IRS office. The IRS auditor is not surprised when Ralph shows up with his attorney. The auditor says, "Well, sir, you have an extravagant lifestyle and no full-time employment, which you explain by saying that you win money gambling...
  13. 2

Allie's Prize

Okay, here is your prize...<br> <br> You have said that you are a DORK...I give you this dork quiz<br> <br> www.csua.berkeley.edu/~sarahfsk/dork.html<br> <br> Let us know if you really are a Dork, Jane Schmo, or God forbid....a NERD!<br> <br>...
  14. 2

THE GAME IV

<span style=" font-size: medium;">Welcome to "THE GAME IV"<br> <br> <span style=" font-size: small;">I thought Liz had some good rules, so I copied them.<br> <br> Rules:<br> <br> 1. Only yes or no questions<br> 2. One question per response, per person<br> 3. Keep outright guessing like "Is it a...
  15. 2

Help with getting approval to go to CF clinic

Well, we are about to undergo a major battle! We had to change insurance because of a job change, and they just denied our request for our daughter to be seen at the CF clinic. (Actually, it is pretty complicated how this works. Our medical group denied it, we need to appeal through the...
  16. 2

Help with getting approval to go to CF clinic

Well, we are about to undergo a major battle! We had to change insurance because of a job change, and they just denied our request for our daughter to be seen at the CF clinic. (Actually, it is pretty complicated how this works. Our medical group denied it, we need to appeal through the...
  17. 2

CF check ups by Primary Care Physician

Here is my situation that I want to get feed back on... We just switched insurance and therefore had to change our Primary Doctor and CF clinic. My daughter had her first appointment today with her primary Dr so we could get a referral to a CF clinic. The Dr is working on the referral and even...
  18. 2

Rookie question about FEV1 in children

How do you keep track of this? First I know not to get consumed by the numbers, but I can't ignore them completely and may need to make a fuss if I don't feel my daughter is being treated properly by the doctors. My daughter (8 years) is newly diagnosed and has only had 3 lung function tests...