Search results

1. M

Looking for Help/Clarification on CF

So as I'm reading through this thread, I see this and it reminds me of something I encountered while going through the steps of referrals, etc. The baby was about 8 weeks and her Dr wasn't in so we were seeing the Nurse Practitioner. She didn't know what CF was, asked me to describe what it...
  2. M

If you're thinking of homeschooling and want to chat,

Fellow homeschooler here! :)
  3. M

What's with Miralax?

Thanks so much for that article!
  4. M

What's with Miralax?

Our little one is 8 months now, showing no signs of CF yet but we continue to give her Miralax for irregularity issues. I still am not convinced that constipation has no correlation to her mutations, but no one else seems concerned. My question here is, if CF causes mucousy stools, why would...
  5. M

CRMS baby and sweat test results

Yes, we go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles so it's an accredited location. It's hard to know what symptoms look like, whether they're really symptoms or normal baby things. She cultured pseudomonas once, and has not cultured it in the 4? cultures since. She cultures normal flora, has a...
  6. M

CRMS baby and sweat test results

Hi everyone! Baby is now at 5.5 months, and we just completed her 2nd sweat test Monday. The results came back at 22 and 20--it went down from the 33 and 30 when she was 25 days old. So I think it's safe to say, she falls into that category that is defined at CF being very unlikely. I'm...
  7. M

Parents of CF'ers, any cf-related symptoms?

We don't know if our daughter has CF yet, but my Husband is a carrier (DeltaF508) and has Crohn's disease. He's been wondering lately if any of his GI problems could be related to his mutation, but we don't know.
  8. M

Any smart storage solutions?

If you look on pinterest and search for "cystic fibrosis storage", a person uses an Ikea Raskog cart to store their stuff on!
  9. M

What ELSE could an elevated sweat test indicate?

Yanno, I think you hit the nail on the head. I haven't looked at it that way, thanks for that! And thanks for the prayers and understanding :)
  10. M

CF Center Boise

Love this thread, Boise is somewhere we're interested in (well, Meridian, Nampa, etc.) but obviously we need to continue with our care at CHLA to get a diagnosis before making a move. Glad to see an actual patient from the clinic!
  11. M

What ELSE could an elevated sweat test indicate?

So baby girl (5 months old this Wednesday!) Will be going for her repeat sweat test in 3 weeks. I am curious to see if the numbers have increased, decreased or have stayed the same. At 25 days old, the levels were 33 and 31. I almost expect them to go higher, but I also will not be surprised if...
  12. M

Salty Kisses--is it really an indicator?

I've read that it can go either way--that some people with CF taste salty, while others don't. What has been your experience when it comes to salty forehead kisses? Today I was holding my 4 month old, and she got slightly sweaty from sleeping against my chest. I kissed her forehead and...
  13. M

LMK or Jaxbee?

Anyone know besides PM how I can get in touch with these people? I would love to connect with them regarding mutations. Thanks!
  14. M

How did you get newborn screen results?

Hi! While we don't have our diagnosis (yet?), our daughter has 2 mutations and I certainly experienced the emotions that came with it so I'll share! We got the call 20 days after she was born. We hadn't picked a pediatrician when at the hospital, so one was assumed and put on the paperwork...
  15. M

i1366T

So when doing a search for this specific mutation, I have come across threads that are really old and members are no longer active here. Does anyone have this mutation (i1366t) or know someone who does? Would love to connect. Thanks!
  16. M

Bowel Movement issues

She is exclusively formula fed-She is on Alimentum, which is a hypoallergenic formula. We only started mixing the formula high caloric last month, so I know that that's not the reason behind all this (although I'm sure it's a contributing factor now!). Thank you both for the advice, I will...
  17. M

Bowel Movement issues

Hi everyone! So our baby is now 3.5 months and we're dealing with bowel movement issues that she's been experiencing since she was 3 weeks old. She poops only twice a week--on the third day. Her NP and dietitian have been watching it, recommending prune juice and at our last appt her...
  18. M

Newly Diagnosed via Newborn Screen - Help!

Hi there! I can SO relate to the emotions involved with getting that info on your newborn. For me, it was so hard because I was already lacking sleep, my hormones were all over the place and birth was a pretty traumatic experience in itself! We haven't gotten a concrete diagnosis yet, but...
  19. M

I'm 35!

Happy Birthday!!! (^)(^)(^)(^)
  20. M

new moms with cf newborns

Hi Erica! My little one is 11 weeks now. We are in the diagnosis stage right now--not sure if she has CF or not. She has two mutations; she has an intermediate sweat test (33 and 31) but has no symptoms so we just don't know yet. We got the phone call about her newborn screening at 20 days...