Search results

1. P

F508 & I148T and behavioral issues?

My son had his CF appointment today. Doctor wants to consult with colleagues and his neuropsych but thinks his mood swings could be related to low DHA (fatty acids) levels common with CF. Additionally, she reported that she has seen a higher incidence of neurological issues in CF carriers than...
  2. P

Interesting. Thanks for the input. What other celiac symptoms did you have...stomach cramps, etc? Was your thyroid ever tested, or did you go right to endoscopy?
  3. P

Thank you for taking the time to respond. We are continuing w/ neuropsych testing while also going down the path of CF follow-up. His appointment is scheduled later this month. Will let you know if their is any relationship w/ his CF gene mutations in case it helps others.
  4. P

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Does anyone have this combination? My DS (8) has these 2 mutations, which we knew about since birth when he tested positive in his newborn screening but negative in his sweat test (I carry the F508 and my husband carries I148T). We were told that he may develop...
  5. P

F508 and I148T/possible CF symptoms?

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Does anyone have this combination? My DS (8) has these 2 mutations, which we knew about since birth when he tested positive in his newborn screening but negative in his sweat test (I carry the F508 and my husband carries I148T). We were told that he may develop...