Search results

1. J

Pseudomonas

Municipal water supply systems disinfect water with reverse osmosis filters, chlorine or bromine, etc. However, this does not account for the distribution system, particularly within the home (or pipes to the public swimming pools). They may be rusted, have junk leaking into it, or any number...
  2. J

Sterile

Based upon a simple physical exam, an MD told me that I probably couldn't father children. Two children later, I decided he was wrong. And they are definitely my kids, and carriers of the CF gene.
  3. J

question on mutatuon

Believing in Jesus. Thank God, most states and hospitals now test for CF of a baby before s/he is born, based upon samples taken from the amniotic fluid. Based upon these screening tests, further tests will be performed to determine the gene pairing, which is fairly accurate at determining...
  4. J

question on mutatuon

Soooooo..... I'm guessing that what you referr to is two DIFFERENT CF gene mutations on the same chromosone - which would be possible to inherit from one parent ... I think. Seems I've read about this before - need to research. To answer Jaybug's questions: The severe form of CF to which most...
  5. J

Help with Sinuses. Recommendations needed to break up sinus junk!

Here is something that worked for me - at least from a year ago until now. I definitely DO NOT!!! recommend it, however, I had a raging MRSA infection in my nasal passages and sinuses. Seems to have rooted out the thickened membranes and polyps so that now flonase works fairly well.
  6. J

Throat cultures

It has been a few years since I practiced medicine BUT - it depends... There are quick tests specifically for strep and staph. Derived from a throat swab, but not actually cultured. The swab is also, usually, but not always, cultured, which takes 48 hours to grow in a petri dish and then...
  7. J

Exercise as a treatment

I have always been very active - since my pre-teen years, my morning and evening jogs or walks are how I clear all of the gunk out of my chest. Pity the fool who is behind me and has to dodge all the flem that I hack up and spit out! The more difficult it is for me to excise,, the more...
  8. J

Ideas and Solutions - The Other Half of the Battle

I'm wondering if it's ok for me to post this to my FB page. Now that CF is part of the routine panel of genetic tests for babies, it is popping up very frequently in our family's newest generation, and has been backtracked to children of my generation. CF - like problems have been prevalent in...