Search results

1. B

Trikafta with no purge???

I have been on Tirkafta for 2 months now. I have never had a mucus purge, though I was warned of it. Immediately as it built I have coughed less and gained 15lbs average. Having literal days of no unintentional cough. Pancreatic enzyme levels have been higher, though not normal levels.The only...
  2. B

Pic line vs. Port from mstein

some hospitals and interventional radiologists outright refuse to do arm or leg ports. there are none in kansas city that will honor such a request. i know, i asked for myself. their response is there is higher risk of complication. i have not found research supporting this but if they refuse...
  3. B

Pic line vs. Port from mstein

port has advantages yes. but what they dont explain to you is the pains after. just basic nerve pain constantly. youll need to request a .5inch needle if you have a small physique and most dont have those. where the line will lay you cannot have anything hit it or it will sting. after about 3...
  4. B

21 YO cf patient looking to move

Thank you for the answers, and I was simply exploring the option, he didn't even ask me to do this I was just seeing if there was anything out there
  5. B

pros: moving out of kansas less allergies, have a couple friends there and a boyfriend wanting to go to school there at asu(biggest reason) cons: closest help is 2 hours away for family and no doctors have agreed to see me there as of yet even a primary and i would downgrade in insurance so...
  6. B

I currently live in the greater kansas city area and see the KU CF team regularly. I am looking at the possibility of moving to Phoenix Arizona. I have a roommate lined up if I do but other than that I would be alone with the nearest family over 2 hours away. I have more than just my CF to...