Search results

1. V

For you unsporty people

I was advised to do Zumba. I am not fit at all, nor am I sporty. I get my exercise chasing a 6 year old with ADHD and ODD around!! That's plenty enough for me. With my husband only being home on weekends, all the duties is for me.
  2. V

anyone have problem with blockagae?

Been having blockages for years, whenever I have one, I just call my clinic and they call me in Go Lightly. I hate that stuff UGH!
  3. V

Two conflicting diets, kinda confused.

It has to be something, because no matter what I eat, I am sick to my stomach. I don't understand it :(
  4. V

Thanks guys, I am just tired of every time I go there, they find something else wrong and its getting old. I had a colonoscopy for celiacs a few years ago and it was negative so they are doing it again because apparently the results don't come out right, you have to go through the throat or a...
  5. V

So of course people with cf are put on a high calorie, high protein diet, but today I went to the doctor and the dr did some testing and swears I have celiacs disease, how in the world do you balance a diet for CF, high calorie and high protein diet and then also a diet with no bread, gluten or...
  6. V

How do I fix bloating and looking like I'm a pregnant guy?

I have the exact same problem but the opposite sex lol. I look like i'm pregnant all the time. It sucks, i'm surprised no ones asked me when I was due lol
  7. V

CF Gas...WHY?

She just makes comments on how loud it is and says "WELL im glad you weren't in here when you did that" shes living in MY house and pays no rent or bills. This is just one thing amongst a ton of inappropriate things she says. She even told my husband that hes getting the short end of our marriage.
  8. V

CF Gas...WHY?

I am going to have to do something, talk with my drs or something. What do I do about the mother in law, I cant tell her to go home, she lives with me -.-
  9. V

Transplant qualications?

I'm a long way off of having a transplant, my PFTS are 73%, in two years they dropped from 86%. I'm very knowledgeable and I am always asking questions. What qualifications do you have to meet to be a candidate for a lung transplant. and when do they add you to the list, about what PFT level...
  10. V

Dog - Yes or No? Please advise

I have a mix between a weiner and a beagle. I nick named him fat boy. I love him very much, he keeps my depression down and comforts me when i'm sick. I am always in pain, like today my neck hurt so bad and be climbed up behind my neck and laid there. Hes great as a therapy dog. I have a son and...
  11. V

CF Gas...WHY?

I am so sick of this nasty smelling gas, and a lot of it. WHY is it like this. AND I am so sensitive on the subject and my mother in law has a big mouth!! i'm about to scream at her. I've told her I can't help it its apart of my disease but she tells me I smell like a sewer all the time. And...
  12. V

Nasal Polyps... does anyone have them?

I had them 6 years ago, 100 percent blockage in my left nostril, and a 95 percent in the other. I had surgery, broncial scope, pulips, sinus and to fix my deviated septum, but yet again i am growing them. It blows.
  13. V

Searching for a list of mutated genes

(VEST)Hi everyone, i am looking for a list of mutations of CF and how they effect the body. I have previously seen one and i cannot remember where i seen it. If someone knows where one is, please send a link. Also, if anyone knows if the new version for double delta F508 of Kalydeco will also...
  14. V

LADIES- CF and MENOPAUSE!

My mother in law has been with us for a while now, 3 months, and she has noticed some signs that she says is menopausal. I just turned 27 and i previously thought so too. Weight gain (unexplainable) mood swings, hot flashes night sweats. I looked as much as i could and found that some cf...
  15. V

needing info on kalydeco for f508

(NEB) So need some info on kalydeco, the one for F508, last i checked it was in stage two supposed to move to stage three this month some time. I can't find the website i got this info from the last time. Anyone know anything? thanks!!
  16. V

Really just want to cry. Just tired of it all.

I am so tired of this whole disease and everything that goes along with it. I'm 27 years old and have felt a deep difference in how i feel and the pain i go through. I'm on medicine for possible sinus infection that can cause diabeties, that i might have fibromyalgia, and i've always known that...
  17. V

important!! anyone else have EXTREMELY sensitive skin on their arms? poss due to IVs

Well thats weird you mentioned that Hardak, i almost started crying tonight and i still want to cry, i was at Menards looking for things to redo my kitchenw ith my husband and i ran into my aunt who just 3 days earlier had done my hair at the salon, i got completely lost and i couldnt even...
  18. V

Gross, embarrassing things that come with CF!

I had a G Tube for 11 years, the drainage was horrible and would turn my light colored clothes yellow. Changing i would often have food leak through the whole. The gas is a major problem, i swear sometimes it smells like dead animal. and sometimes you may think you have to pass gas and then you...
  19. V

important!! anyone else have EXTREMELY sensitive skin on their arms? poss due to IVs

I talked to my cf dr and he said that this isn't a cf problem, more then likely i have fibromyalgia.
  20. V

I have had my fair share and everyone elses fair share of IVs in my town. My arms no longer can support a IV, you cannot see any veins in my arms, and i only have one vein in my hand that can be used to drawl blood. my veins cannot hold ivs, they either roll, disappear, blow. Its a very rare...