Search results

1. G

tough decision

I have been in the process of being evaluated for a double lung transplant. The evaluation is done and now it is up to me to decide if the time is right to be listed. I thought I would have more help from the doctors with this decision. I was told there are some things that say get listed now...
  2. G

What is normal?

My home health nurses and PTs keep asking me what is normal for me? I can't answer this question. Can any one else? My sputum is always dark. It is brown, tan and gray. Plus I bring up a lot like 1/4 to 1/2 during manual PT. This has been going on for months. I never bring up light colored...
  3. G

tattoos and transplants

I currently have 3 tattoos. I haven't got one in three years or so. I want to get another one but am curious about how it may effect my lung transplant list placement. Is there a certain number of years they want you to wait after having getting a tattoo before they will let you have a lung...
  4. G

humidifiers

I need to buy a humidifiers is one better for Cfers? What type do you use?
  5. G

Acinetobacter

Acinetobacter is the bacteria they are treating. I think it is a pretty bad bug. It is highly drug resistant. Has anyone else been treated for this? If so how? Right now I am on oral Bactrum and IV imipenem.
  6. G

Health update

Hi Everyone, I am still in the hospital. Hopefully I will be discharged tomorrow of course with home IVs. I have had test after test. I had a bronch on Wedneday and they could not find where the bleeding was coming from. Then I continued to cough up blood so they did an embolization on...
  7. G

Being admitted again

I have been having problems all summer. The worst part of it all is my bacteria count is down so they have no idea what is causing my problems. So last week I started coughing up pure blood. THis happened for 3 days in a row. Then coughed it up again. So I am being admitted and they are going...
  8. G

Loss of voice

Lately, I seem to contiously loose my voice and I am not even on tobi which is when it normally happens. I have been on IV antibiotics for 4 1/2 weeks. Could this be the reason I have no voice? Or is it all the coughing from the extra airway clearance? Does anyone have any suggestions on how...
  9. G

Locked UP

It is so amazing how your health can change. Two weeks ago I felt great and now I am in the hospital. Good news bedside internet bad news my doctor is on vacation. I have been sick since June 30th and in here since Monday. I am itching to go home but I still feel like crap. I have no air flow...
  10. G

Port Questions

How many people here have Ports? What made you decide to get it? How long have you had it? How many times a year are you on IVs? I always get a PICC and wondering why my doctor has never suggested a port. Thanks
  11. G

HS Percentage

What HS percentage is everyone doing? I did the 3% for about a year and have been on 7% for a year. Does anyone do the 10%? If you have different percentages have you seen a difference?
  12. G

My Blog

Can someone check and see if my pictures are showing up? I can see them but the last time I posted I could see them and no one else could...Who knows....I think I am getting too old for this technology.
  13. G

Help...Blood

Last night after I complete my nebs and my vest, I felt that gurgling feeling in my lungs. This has only happened a few time but sure enough blood. Pure red blood. I coughed up about 4 tablespoons of blood but kept feeling that gurgling. I woke up did my morning nebs and vest and had no...
  14. G

vest verses acapella

Which one do you prefer and why? Is the acapella as affective as the vest? Do you use both devices everyday? Thanks...I am thinking about getting an acapella to bring with me when I travel so I don't have to lug my vest around. What are your thoughts?
  15. G

Has anyone gone to

I went to clinic yesterday and learned a lot about new changes. The Eflow is now accepted by the CFF. The doses need to be changed so it will be about a month or two before I can get one but things sound promising. I guess there is also a new dishwasher safe accapella...I have never used the...
  16. G

Productive Cough

Why do some of us have very productive coughs and never have trouble getting the junk out and others don't have a productive cough? Does it have something to do with the about of junk in our lungs?
  17. G

How do you know

I am very religous about taking my meds and doing my vest. Some days I wonder are they really working. HOw do you know when they are working? Is it by how much you bring up during your treatments or after ? Is it how you feel after your treatments? I will do my treatments right before I go to...
  18. G

Kim

Chat
  19. G

Chat

Chat anyone?
  20. G

Sinus trouble Please Help

I just came out of the hospital and am on IV antibiotics. This whole thing started with a head cold. My sinuses are still full. My doctor feels that if it was an infection the antibiotics will take care of it. Well it has been 8 days of the antibiotics and my sinuses are still bothering me...