Search results

1. J

Primary Care Dr

Still trying to help Josh figure out what insurance to choose. For the adults, is your pulmonary doctor your primary care physician? If so, who treats your non- cf medical needs?
  2. J

Mass Health help

Josh will be 26 in a few weeks and will age out of my insurance. He is currently on MassHealth as a supplement, but he will have to choose a primary through MassHealth. Are there any MA residents who can give an opinion on options? Thanks!
  3. J

Importance of online communities

I agree and am grateful for the resources and support this community provides. Thank you all and to Jeanne for all your work on our behalf. You are making a difference.
  4. J

Reese got a lung transplant

It is such wonderful news!
  5. J

Sorry for the down time this weekend!

Thank you Jeanne!
  6. J

Arkansas medicaid case settled

That is so great! Was this the case Beth Sufian was working on?
  7. J

Need to learn more about End Stage CF (Supporting a Friend)

Your daughter's friend is so blessed to have your support. End stage CF is so overwhelming for the patient and the caregivers. It sounds like he is depressed and defeated which makes sense. Unfortunately he may not have the stamina and will to fight. There are other options for antidepressants...
  8. J

Seasons Blessings

Thank you Jeanne. I hope you and Peter have a wonderful Christmas with your family. Sending love.
  9. J

Are you a parent who has lost a child to CF and has another still living with CF

Heather, I am so sorry for your loss. My family is going through a similar situation. My 19 year old son passed in May while on ECMO waiting for new lungs. My older son (23 with CF) was in great shape for several years but isn't taking care of himself right now. It is so hard to watch especially...
  10. J

We remember Jazzysmom. 5 years

I think of dear Mel every day. By sharing herself, she gave us all a wonderful gift. Her 40th birthday celebration was indeed jubilant- the rose is still on my mirror to remind me.
  11. J

Excess IV supplies!

Janelle, the dressing kit is Med Stream Dressing Change Tray MSDC-014702 if you want to look it up. We used it for both ports and PICC changes.
  12. J

Excess IV supplies!

We have so many extra IV supplies. If anyone could use them, we'd be happy to send them out. The boys haven't touched them- most of them are in the bags from the home care company. Here's a list: 3 boxes of 100 non-latex gloves 102 10ml syringes saline flush exp. 12/15 18 5ml syringes...
  13. J

Cowardly Private Messages

Me too! Thank you Jeanne!
  14. J

Cystic Fibrosis News - Week 33

Thank you Chris!
  15. J

missing my daughter jessica

Joanne, I share your pain and am so very sorry for the loss of your precious Jessica. There are really no words but I understand. My son Jesse passed in May. He had just turned 19. I would like to hear more about your daughter and your experience if you'd like to talk. Please send a private...
  16. J

Health journal book

Thank you Jeanne, I love it too.
  17. J

Health journal book

PM me with your address and Ill send it out!
  18. J

Health journal book

I have a new 3-ring binder style health journal if someone can use it. It was created by a CF mom to keep her daughter's appointments and medical records sorted. http://www.cfww.org/pub/english/cfwnl/5/895/Juggling_Cystic_Fibrosis It has pre-printed sections for everything you can imagine. I...
  19. J

Levaquin Experiences

Wow Tonya, that is so scary. I hope by now the doctor has taken him off and his behavior is improving. My boys never had any of these symptoms so I can't comment from experience, but I'm thinking of you.
  20. J

The Malaysia Plane Crash hits home at CysticFibrosis.com

I am so sorry to read this. Such a tragedy. My thoughts go out to Chris and to Joep's family.