Search results

1. S

ahhh! neb probs never ending!

my devilbiss pulmomate is burning hot. it was making a weird noise-unusually loud-so i looked at it and its hot and the tubing was boiling hot too. i switched the tubing to my old set bc i'm worried the tubing was going to melt or something. what the heck is this? never had this happen before...
  2. S

where do u get your nebs from?

i saw some nebs (pari's, sidestreams) u can get online from a med supply company, like an online pharmacy. i was wondering where u get your nebs from? do u get a prescrip or something? i get a few when i go to clinic and ask for them, but i've never gotten them from a pharm, or place like that...
  3. S

nebs for standard compressors

well if u haven't guessed by now i'm tying to find ways to help w these pt's and the time. i'm on 5 nebs now so its alot-you know. universe-get the hint please! i have an assortment-whatever i can get the center to give to me when i'm there. i do my albterol in a regular pari-it has the cup w...
  4. S

pari trek-who has one?

i'm on the market for either the eflow or the pari trek. i'll be using albuterol, hypertonic, and pulmicort in it. i'm not comf yet with tobi or pulmozyme use just yet. i know a little bout the eflow but nothing about the trek. who has one and what do u like/not like about it? what is the avg...
  5. S

?get insurance to pay 4 an eflow?

anyone get your health ins to pay for an eflow? i really want one bc i can't do my tobi around my baby, and its so much to lug my big neb around the house, also i travel alot. my therapist said they are $1600. My hubby said that we can get it if i need it, but i'd really like to get ins to pay...
  6. S

Apendicitis

as some have read on my other thread, the answer to my troubles this week was found-on a cat scan they saw my appendix more than double the size of what it should be. within an hour, i was in the OR. they didn't waste much time. it was pretty scary, but all in all they were a great team. i love...
  7. S

Blood in my urine?-answer found!

This morning my urine had a reddish film to it-it looked orange-y. You ladies would understand-when you have your period and you pee, if u get blood in the toilet... It looked like there was a little blood mixed in it. I've never had this before. Does anyone know what this could be from? I'm...
  8. S

cfers that are runners

i need tips for working up stamina for running. i can currently alternate walk/run and go for a max of 3 mins of straight running-without tiring myself. i'd like to work up to more running. do you have suggestions for getting to that point? do you drink water while u run or do u find that it...
  9. S

does lack of sleep really affect us?

i had another checkup yest. pfts up from last time-not to where i was hoping but still ok. dec 23-they were 68 2 weeks ago, 52 yesterday-62 so better, but not as good as i had hoped. i am working my ass off w chest pt and diet. i havent' been up on my exercise lately-i need to go back to that...
  10. S

Does anyone go south for the winter?

I was wondering how many of you go to warmer climates for the winter? I used to spend most winters away in FL with relatives when I was growing up. Not really for health reasons but bc I was invited to be w family. But the funny thing is looking back I never got sick in the winter and rarely...
  11. S

really freaky checkup yesterday

Yesterday I had a checkup at the clinic. My pfts are way down from last time. Here's some very odd results and I wanted to share to see if anyone has had something similar happen to them or had thoughts on this. fvc-82 fev1-48. small airways were 20. I blew out 1.7 liters. Last pfts were fvc-94...
  12. S

Steroids while BF

Crap I started a medrol pack (prednisone) and I totally forgot about bf and safety. Has anyone been on this while bf? I took it alot while preg, but I know there's a difference in absorption. I leave for FL in like, 2 hours....I gotta figure this out before I go. (bye everyone, btw-be back...
  13. S

countering side effects of prednisone/steroids

i'm starting a medrol pack. basically methylprednisolone-same as prednisone. if you've been on it and experienced the side effects, they are really rough to handle. for me, i get awful scary dreams, i get very jumpy and anxious, and fearful. i started today, i really have no choice. tomorrow i...
  14. S

stomach problems

i've been back on 3x a week zithromax/azithromycin (after a 2.5 yr break) for 3-4 weeks now and i've also been having alot of gi issues for a few weeks. i'm consistent w my enzymes, so i know my problems aren't from skipping. i feel distended, after certain meals, esp dinner i feel so full and...
  15. S

piccs and clots

when i had my picc pulled 3 weeks ago it came out fine. i always look the other way, so i personally didn't see it, but the nurse said i had a clot. there was alot of blood on the table. she held pressure for a while, bandaged it and sent me home as normal. i thought nothing of it. later that...
  16. S

Going for the 2nd baby

Things are going pretty good here with us. My MIL says they must be or I wouldn't even be considering a 2nd child. lol Vienna is going to be 6 months this week! I want to cry....it goes so fast. I'm finding myself already thinking about another one. Before I had my LO I had my 'plan'. Have her...
  17. S

do u prepare for pfts?

do you prepare for your pfts? (besides keeping up with your chest pt and meds of course.) do you have any technique u use while doing them? i feel like pfts used to be a breeze for me and now i have lost my technique. i feel like they are harder for me. what do they call it? test syndrome? when...
  18. S

how many of you exercise/work out?

Hubby just got me a treadmill and I have a company gym membership that i never use....I know, I know. The treadmill is nice bc with baby I can just go in the basement during her naps and powerwalk for 20 mins. My gym has a daycare in it-I guess I could use it if I had to, but I'd rather use...
  19. S

how to find a respiratory therapist

Have any of you used a resp therapist/tech to come to your house to do pt? Or even gone to some type of 'center' to receive it? I am looking for someone to come to my home to do pt. I am trying to finish up my tuneup at home but I really want to add some manual pt to my routine. My cf center...
  20. S

baby is having odd symptoms

I didnt know where to post this since my LO does not have cf, (I do), but all you parents of kids with Cf are so experienced in this particular issue, and we cfers are too! My 5 month old has had these sneezing episodes and morning stuffiness, well since day one pretty much. I regularly give...