Search results

1. B

General Debate

Perhaps we should have a license for posting on the forum. The first rule would be that you have to know how to spell licensing. Then we could do away with all the negative and disrespectful posts. Just an idea that popped into my silly head.
  2. B

Pulmozyme

I am still trying to get over an infection and my doctor perscribed me to take pulmozyme 3 times a day a little over a week ago. I actually was feeling great before takeing it but a few days after my treatments I started feeling sick again. Now I am doing the rollercoaster each day with feeling...
  3. B

MUTATIONS

I just got home after seeing my doc earlier today. I asked him if he would do a DNA test to see what mutations I have because everyone here seems to know. Is it necessary to know? Does it help with treatment? Also, is it routine to check the spouse in case you want kids? He said he would check...
  4. B

Pulmonary Nocardiosis

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to find out what all my blood work and the ct scan say about me and my condition. I'm now on my 5th round of antibiotics. My doctor started me on them over the phone 2 days ago after my other pills were finished. I am now on Doxycycline which is a generic of...
  5. B

FORTUNE COOKIE

I had a ct scan done today so my pulmonologist can determine how extensive my lung damage is. Afterward I went to lunch at a chinese buffet and was feeling sorry for myself. I opened my fortune cookie and it read "you will be blessed with longevity" and it hit home to me. Reality IS all relative...
  6. B

Medical Update

I saw a pulmonary expert last Thursday and got some preliminary results about my cf. I was of course hoping he would say I wasn't treating my asthma properly and that my cf was still dormant. He took one look at my chest x-ray and said he could see cysts and an abscess in my lung. He said the...
  7. B

Looking For Answers

Hi, I am kind of afraid to write this note. I don't know where to start. Lets just start by saying I am 40 years old and I was diagnosed with cf when I was 7 years old. I have a sister named Sherry that was having a lot of problems with her lungs and was tested positive for cf. They decided to...