Search results

1. S

Tooth Extracted

I had two teeth pulled instead of getting a root canal. It went fine. I just got local anesthesia, like you would if you got a cavity filled. There was a lot of pressure and it wasn't pleasant, but I got through it fine. When I got my wisdom teeth out I got laughing gas (that ended up not...
  2. S

To all the green smoothies drinkers...and anyone with pseudo!!

For you smoothie drinkers what blender do you use? Mine just broke and I am looking into the expensive Vitamix or Blendtec but don't want to spend the money if something works just as good.
  3. S

To all the green smoothies drinkers...and anyone with pseudo!!

For you smoothie drinkers what blender do you use? Mine just broke and I am looking into the expensive Vitamix or Blendtec but don't want to spend the money if something works just as good.
  4. S

IV side effects

I am on colistin and zoysn IVs and have been on them for a week so far. I have numbness, which I have gotten before and isn't that big of a deal. But I also have a weird feeling in my chest. It feels like all my chest/lung muscles are cramping up. It is making me a little short of breath. I have...
  5. S

IV side effects

I am on colistin and zoysn IVs and have been on them for a week so far. I have numbness, which I have gotten before and isn't that big of a deal. But I also have a weird feeling in my chest. It feels like all my chest/lung muscles are cramping up. It is making me a little short of breath. I have...
  6. S

Green Smoothies

Thanks to a couple of you I am now on the green smoothie kick! So far, the only ones I have made have strawberries, spinach, and one banana in them. I know there are a ton of recipes online but are there any specific ones people like? I would love to know, so I can vary it up! And a huge thank...
  7. S

Green Smoothies

Thanks to a couple of you I am now on the green smoothie kick! So far, the only ones I have made have strawberries, spinach, and one banana in them. I know there are a ton of recipes online but are there any specific ones people like? I would love to know, so I can vary it up! And a huge thank...
  8. S

PFT Goal's thread. Trying to achieve 60% FEV1.

PFT Goal's thread. Trying to achieve 60% FEV1. NOT CULTURING MSSA OR PA! WOOT! Ok...back to the topic, that is great news about your lung function! I have become inspired to start doing more alternative treatments because of some of you. I started NAC, the green smoothies and now would love to...
  9. S

IV's & alcohol

I was told that I could have a drink or two but to have a glass of water in between. I have never had a problem. I am currently on IV collision and zoysn and plan on having a glass of wine tomorrow. But I wouldn't have more than two at the most, but that is just me
  10. S

IV's & alcohol

I was told that I could have a drink or two but to have a glass of water in between. I have never had a problem. I am currently on IV collision and zoysn and plan on having a glass of wine tomorrow. But I wouldn't have more than two at the most, but that is just me
  11. S

PFT Goal's thread. Trying to achieve 60% FEV1.

PFT Goal's thread. Trying to achieve 60% FEV1. NOT CULTURING MSSA OR PA! WOOT! Do you have information on the inhaled glutathione? I tried looking it up on the site but couldn't find any recent in for? I can't handle HTS so this could be a great option for me. Does your doctor know you are on it?
  12. S

DF508 and Kalydeco

So if I get a prescription and give it to CF Services and they ask for proof, that is only for patient support? Does my doctor just say I am not interested in that?
  13. S

DF508 and Kalydeco

So if I get a prescription and give it to CF Services and they ask for proof, that is only for patient support? Does my doctor just say I am not interested in that?
  14. S

NAC taste

The OGTT is the worst! When I first did it the receptionist told me I could drink water to get through it because otherwise I couldn't do it. Then, after I finished, I was told that water ruined the test so I had to come back the next day and do it again! I did get the pharmaNAC. Do you think...
  15. S

NAC taste

As part of starting to be more proactive about CF I am finally trying NAC. I received it a couple days ago and am going to start it tomorrow. Here is my problem. I have heard it tastes terrible and I have a bad gag reflex. I can't even have carbonation without spitting it back up. I have tried...
  16. S

Saveferris 2009

Beck, please post if you are successful. I am also homozygous DF508 and would be interested to see if anyone got the drug. I have an appointment at the beginning of April but am not optimistic.
  17. S

Saveferris 2009

Beck, please post if you are successful. I am also homozygous DF508 and would be interested to see if anyone got the drug. I have an appointment at the beginning of April but am not optimistic.
  18. S

To those on kalydeco---Lauren (your thoughts, please)

Why wouldn't a doctor prescribe it? I know it might not do anything but as long as insurance covers it it doesn't hurt them. Although I know my doctor won't say yes. I have horrible negotiating skills!
  19. S

Why wouldn't a doctor prescribe it? I know it might not do anything but as long as insurance covers it it doesn't hurt them. Although I know my doctor won't say yes. I have horrible negotiating skills!
  20. S

Did you call your insurance company? What exactly did you ask? I just got new insurance but don't know what to ask them about covering it.