Search results

1. S

Sleep Apnea

I am 9 months post double lung transplant. Recently diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea. Did not have prior to transplant. Any one else have this issue?
  2. S

Sleep Apnea

I am 9 months post double lung transplant. Recently diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea. Did not have prior to transplant. Any one else have this issue?
  3. S

Nasal administration of antibiotics. With most Cfers we have pseudomonas in our sinus

Does anyone do nasal administration of antibiotics? If so would you mind sharing what antibiotic or antibiotics and much, mg etc. as well how it is administered in how much saline or distilled water. Do you mix your solution or does a pharmacy? Thanks for sharing!
  4. S

Nasal administration of antibiotics. With most Cfers we have pseudomonas in our sinus

Does anyone do nasal administration of antibiotics? If so would you mind sharing what antibiotic or antibiotics and much, mg etc. as well how it is administered in how much saline or distilled water. Do you mix your solution or does a pharmacy.
  5. S

70 Yr. Old Double Lung Transplant Done

I recently had a double lung transplant. My fev1 prior to surg. was 19, 3 wks post surg. it is 72. Doing great otherwise. Just a little sore. I was placed on the transplant list Dec. 27 2017. Had my first dry run Jan. 4 and two more after the first dry run. I see where someone posted when do you...
  6. S

How Old Were You When You had Your Lung Transplant Done?

My sister who is now 17 yrs. out had hers done when she was 50. Now 67 and doing great! How far out are you from transplant?
  7. S

What was your age when you had your double lung transplant?

My sister with CF had a double lung transplant at 50. yrs. she is now 17 yrs. out and doing great.
  8. S

At what age was the Oldest Cystic Fibrosis Lung Transplant Done?

How old were you when you had your lung transplant? My sister with CF had a double lung transplant at 50. yrs. she is now 17 yrs. out and doing great.
  9. S

How many CFers are 55 and older??What is your age if you do not mind telling us? :))

There was a statment on a previous post regarding blood pressure medicaton and CF people at our age and CF geezers. When I was was younger, I thought 65 was old, now that I have obtained that age, does not seem that old now. I was 12 when diagnosed with CF. Live in Ms. USA Thank you for those...
  10. S

Tobi problems: FYI After Using over 10 Yrs.

I have been using Tobi every other month for over 10 yrs.. The last couple of yrs. alt. with Cayston. Started alt. Tobi every third month when I started doing neb. Colistin, Tobi, Cayston. The last three times I have used Tobi (over a six month period) end up with some adverse affects, tightness...
  11. S

Amber Pharmacy

Doe any one use Amber Pharmacy to get their CF drugs from? I recently received a letter from my Ins. RxEDO informing me that Amber will be my new specialty pharmacy. Just wondering if Amber has the ability to meet a Cfers drug needs. I have never heard of them. Thanks for any info.
  12. S

Part B Medicare Nebulized Drugs

Question to anyone with knowledge of Part B Medicare nebulized drugs. What drugs are covered and what drugs are not. How does it work for you? Would you recommend.
  13. S

Unable to update profile photo

I have tried several times to udate my profile photo.This is what I get. Any suggestions?? <table border="1" cellpadding="3" bgcolor="#e7e7e7"> <tbody> <tr> <td bgcolor="#4646ee"><span style="font: 11pt/13pt verdana; color: #ffffff;">Error Occurred While Processing Request </td> </tr> <tr> <td>...
  14. S

Acetylcysteine (Mycomyst) on Back Order by Manufacturer

If you use Acetylcysteine it is on back order. Do not know when it will be avilable.
  15. S

Cayston, total treatment takes a lot of time

Cayston nebulizer time is very short with the Altera 2.5 to 3 min. Great!! However to get to that point you are suppose to use pulmozyme or HTS, to thin and clear out the mucous. Then do a bonchodilator, Xopenex for me. After the prep you do the Caystion. Then comes the clean up at least...
  16. S

Have you seen a improvement in your FEV1 with Cayston if so how much??

I konw the manf. states 8% poss. improvement in FEV1 with cayston. It would be good if some folks that are already using it, share if they saw a improvement in there pul. function. The Dr. at UAB suggested in my off months from Tobi to use Cayston. All info regarding Cayson would be helpful.
  17. S

Have you seen a improvement in your FEV1 with Cayston if so how much??

I konw the manf. states 8% poss. improvement in FEV1 with cayston. It would be good if some folks that are already using it, share if they saw a improvement in there pul. function. The Dr. at UAB suggested in my off months from Tobi to use Cayston. All info regarding Cayson would be helpful.
  18. S

Any needs hypertonic saline 3%/4ml

You do not want to use them? I could use them if you don't want or need. How much$? Thanks Scanboyd