Search results

1. K

a2 rejection

Has anyone had rejections (level 1 and 2) multiple times and finally got rid of it? I've had A1 rejection four times and my last bronch I had a2. THey presribed phymoglobulin. Anyone had this? What's it like? Thanks in advance. SIncerely, worried.
  2. K

A1 rejection

Hi, I was transplanted in August 2008. My FEV1 scores are great and I feel great too. Unfortunately, I have had A1 rejection 4 times since tx. Anyone else have this experience? Does this mean trouble down the road? What treatments did they provide? I was a little bummed out to hear I have...
  3. K

salt problems

Hi, does anyone have problems swelling after they eat salt? I can eat a very small amount and I seem to swell like a balloon in my face (eyelids included) and occasionally my legs. The doctors tell me it's not sodium, but they don't know what it is? They don't think it is my medicine or the...
  4. K

swelling 9 months post transplant

I was transplanted 9 months ago. Just last week I started having swelling in my face. The doctor's do not think it is a reaction to the immuno drugs or the recent VFEND that I am taking. They ordered a CAT scan tomorrow of my face and neck to see if there is a possible blood clot in my port...
  5. K

Reflux (GERD)

My lung function has been declining over the last week. My doctor said it could be due to GERD. I think he may be right because I am experiencing some of the symptoms. Has anyone had this? Did this lead to rejection or chronic rejection? What test did you have to determine it? Thanks in...
  6. K

Wheezing

Has anyone experienced wheezing and or the inability to breath as deeply as when they first got transplanted? My doctor prescribed an albuterol inhaler because my PFTs were down in the morning. It helped some. We recently checked for rejection and thankfully, there was none. It feels tight...
  7. K

For Women Post TX

Ok post TX ladies, I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing menstrual problems post transplant. Since transplant I have been spotting every day with some bleeding except for maybe 3 days per month. I'm 6 months post transplant and wondering when this will stop. I have had my thyroid and...
  8. K

Insulin Pump

Did anyone get an insulin pump post transplant? If so, can you swim with the catheter in? Looking for feedback on the positives/negatives of the pump. Thanks, Kim
  9. K

pseudomonas post transplant

I am currently 2 months post transplant and I just found out that I have 2 strains of pseudomonas. Of course I'm rather bummed out. However, the doctor said that it was no big deal because it is a very low colinization. They told me to continue doing colistin inhalation (no iv antibiotics at...
  10. K

Nasseau

I was transplanted one month ago. I am so nasseauted and sick. Anybody else relate? Any ideas? I'm taking zofran but has anybody used anything else? Is this normal? help! KB
  11. K

Got Transplanted 8/22

Well, after 9 months I got transplanted.Hooray! The first 2 weeks were great and I had a o2 sat at 96. Now at week 3 1/2 I have sats around 92 and am short of breath. I am scheduled for a bronch tomorrow. Anyone else have this? I guess it's pretty normal? Just curious and would like to...
  12. K

Toby inhaled

Other than coughing, what side effects have you experienced on toby inhaled? My throat feels funny (not hoarse, but almost like my glands are swollen) and my ears hurt. The nurse told me that because it is not IV toby, I shouldn't be experiencing ringing in the ear. Is that true?
  13. K

TX patient with O negative blood?

Anyone been transplanted lately who has 0 negative blood? I've been waiting for 8 months and they are telling me that one of the reasons is because I have a universal blood type. Apparently, the chances of getting lungs outside of my transplant center is low because lungs with blood type O can...
  14. K

Feeling nervous

HI, I've been waiting for 3 1/2 months now (which I know is not long), but it seems that the longer I wait, the more I start thinking and worrying a little about life post TX. Everyone tells me that you have to be very careful after TX, especially around kids. One pre-TX patient, who is a...
  15. K

CMV virus and TX

Just wondering if any of you got CMV positive lungs and how you are doing post transplant. Did you have any complications and how was the treatment? I chose to accept either positive or negative lungs.
  16. K

I just got listed

Hi, I'm Kim, I'm relatively new to this site and haven't written much. I just got listed and am going through all the emotions. I too am scared at the stats, especially since my doctor said my survival stats are l5-10% ower because I have a drug resistant pseudomonias. I was wondering, did...
  17. K

Colistin IV

Just curious for those who have used colistin, what dose do you use? How many MG's? Also, do you do inhaled colistin while on colistin IV's? Kim
  18. K

Eflow

I have the eflow and love the quietness of the machine and the fast delivery.  However, the machine always works super fast whenever I get a new head  (the metal part that gets replaced every 3 months).  After about a week or two, the machine slows down.  My treatment time goes from 4-5 minutes...