Search results

1. R

Moving to Canada - info needed on health care costs etc.

Sorry for cross-posting this message: Hi, I am a 29-year old Canadian/British male with CF. My wife and I are planning to move to Ontario early next year (Jan/Feb) from the UK, and I have some questions regarding CF care. Maybe someone on here can help answer these for me. 1) Health care...
  2. R

Moving to Canada - info needed on health care costs etc.

Hi, I am a 29-year old Canadian/British male with CF. My wife and I are planning to move to Ontario early next year (Jan/Feb) from the UK, and I have some questions regarding CF care. Maybe someone on here can help answer these for me. 1) Health care provision. In the UK, we have a national...
  3. R

The Super Six 101

Hi guys, I used to post regularly on this forum a few years back but haven't been on here for a while. Hello to anyone who might remember me. I hope everyone is doing as well as possible. I wanted to ask if anyone was interested in sponsoring me. I have CF myself and am running a series of 6...
  4. R

Good news - London Marathon!!

Hey guys, I received some very good news over the Christmas period!! I have been accepted to run in the 2006 London Marathon in April. Having CF myself, this will undoubtedly be a real challenge. I am, of course, raising money for Cystic Fibrosis, so if any of you would like to donate, here is...
  5. R

Good news - London Marathon!!

Hey guys, I received some very good news over the Christmas period!! I have been accepted to run in the 2006 London Marathon in April. Having CF myself, this will undoubtedly be a real challenge. I am, of course, raising money for Cystic Fibrosis, so if any of you would like to donate, here is...
  6. R

Where's this Dr Lee?

I was curious to know where Dr Lee was. I thought he would be on this forum, particularly this category, answering our questions or at least responding to some of our comments and forum threads. Is he sleeping? Wake up Dr Lee!!Rob 24 wcf
  7. R

Rapid and sudden change in health?

I have heard differing opinions on this one, but I wanted to ask... Is Cf a disease where your condition can change rapidly? I am in excellent health now, but I am not sure if my health is likely to go downhill suddenly at some stage. What precautions should I take to avoid this sudden change...
  8. R

CF athletes

Hey, just wondered if we have any people with Cf here who would consider themselves 'athletes'? I am 24 wcf and just ran the London Marathon in April, and after having got in touch with some other athletes with Cf across the world (some who have done marathons, triathlons and Ironman), I was...
  9. R

CF athletes

Hey, just wondered if we have any people with Cf here who would consider themselves 'athletes'? I am 24 wcf and just ran the London Marathon in April, and after having got in touch with some other athletes with Cf across the world (some who have done marathons, triathlons and Ironman), I was...
  10. R

CF athletes

11. R

The reputation of this forum

Over the last few weeks and months I have become increasingly disgruntled, annoyed and embarrassed at what seems to be rising number of complaints and negative comments that this forum receives by new members or anonymous posters. I am sure many of us have read them as the ill feeling has...
  12. R

I have CF and I just ran the London Marathon!

Hi everyone, this is a response/update on a message I posted back on Friday Jan 28th about me planning to run the London Marathon on April 17th. My name is Rob Lake and I have Cystic Fibrosis, but was determined in spite of the obvious difficulties to run the marathon, which I did yesterday...
  13. R

I have CF and Im running the London Marathon

Hello to everyone out there. I hope you all have had a wonderful festive season! My name is Rob, I am 24 w/cf and I live in London, England. Over Christmas I received some wonderful news that I had been accepted to run in the famous London Marathon in April 2005. It has always been an...