Search results

1. B

How many CFers are 55 and older??What is your age if you do not mind telling us? :))

Hi there, I am Joni 61 y/o .. I was dxd @ 44 y/o but was sick w/ cf symptoms starting at about the age of 16.. I was a skinny little girl & had some heath issues younger than that , but cf really started rearing its ugly head when I was 16.
  2. B

Blogs Archives

Wow, Looking over some old blogs brought back many memories .. Ty for posting this ..
  3. B

In a bad place and could use some reassuring.

Hi Rosie, It is normal to feel down every so often when dealing w/ CF. Have you thought of seeking professional help ? I did after I had renal failure & it did help me. Is there anyone you can talk to about how you are feeling ? Maybe a Priest/Rabbi ? A close relative ? You shouldn't...
  4. B

Urgent! Need to find better Adult CF Center

Hey Leo, Welcome to CF.com :) I asked one of my southern Cysters about her center , here's the info .. There are only 2 Cf centers in Alabama- the Adult CF clinic at UAB (University of Alabama at Birmingham- Kirkland Clinic building) and the children's clinic at Childrens Hospital (also in...
  5. B

Severe asthma causing more trouble than typical exacerbations

Good question... I will be looking forward to answers. My only bad experience w/ a asthmatic exacerbation was when my dr. wanted to stop my Advair to see how I could handle it. I ended up in hospital for a week on IV steroids ..
  6. B

ENT visit for CF what to expect

I would think your new ENT will want a CT scan of your sinuses. Did you get scoped by your previous ENT ? If not you probably will. They spray something in your nose to numb you. Then stick a scope in (it shouldn't hurt) & can see a lot plus get cultures if need be. Sometimes besides oral...
  7. B

Got married!! ((health issue with home))

Sorry, No ideas .. I just wanted to congratulate you guys on getting married ! Glad to hear Lucas is home (although I didn't know he wasn't lol) Take care Betty :)
  8. B

What Do You Do When You Forget Enzymes?

Tell everyone to run for cover lol
  9. B

Heaven gained another angel today..Dalton Dingus

Dalton Dingus passed away today :( My thoughts & prayers are with his family & friends.. Breathe easy little one (U)
  10. B

Women-- Where to do find jeans??

I have similar problems. I have bought the strechie skinny jeans which i love. I also bought a pair of bell bottom maternity jeans that look great on me ! I didn't want to go that route but finally did & as long as the shirt/sweater is long enough its fine :)
  11. B

DIOS/partial blockage & admission

Hey Leah, So glad you didn't have to have surgery ! Ty God ! I had a similar experience last Christmas. 2 days before Christmas Eve I was in terrible pain. Went to my local hospital (big mistake) & it was discovered I had a blockage. Thank God the surgeon that i was assigned listened to...
  12. B

Where do I stand..

Every CFer is different. And there are so many things in our lives that can cause different problems. I guess my questions to you would be, Are you happy w/ your dr./clinic ? Are you being compliant w/ your treatments ? Are you exercising ? Even w/ doing EVERYTHING Possible we can still...
  13. B

I'm back if anyone remebers me lol

Hi Ben ! Welcome back :)
  14. B

Today is my Birthday ..

I wish i had the magic answer for that Chrissy, but I dont think there is an answer .. I was a late diagnosis.. I do try to be as pro active as possible. I am currently in a pulmonary rehab program, I think exercise is SO important. I have loving & supportive family & friends & most of all...
  15. B

Feeling down about kids

I had my first 2 sons when I was 23/27 & my last 2 sons when I was 38/41 ! I wasn't dxd until I was 44 , so in a way it was a blessing in disguise that I didn't know I had CF at that time because I don't know if the outcome would have been the same. Just sayin' if you are "healthy" & your drs...
  16. B

Today is my Birthday ..

Thank you everyone ! :)
  17. B

Today is my Birthday ..

Many new ppl here at cf.com & just wanted to let you guys know that today I am 61 years old ! I pray that all my fellow Cysters & Fibros reach my age & way beyond ! :)
  18. B

Happy Birthday to beleache

Yes it is Jeanne ! 61 & counting , God willing :) Ty <3
  19. B

Brad King got his wings ..

I may be missing this somewhere on the site but dont see it posted. Brad King has passed :( May he RIP & Breathe easy now. Thoughts & prayers for Brads family & friends <3
  20. B

Merry Christmas from Nebraska

Merry Christmas Jenny :)