Search results

1. D

breathing machine

Hello everbody, a few weeks ago someone posted a video of a lung breathing machine, it was a clear chamber with a functioning lung inside. Just wondering if someone could repost the link. thanks Dave
  2. D

kidneys and water

My doctor's have told me that I have to drink 2 liters of water a day to keep my kidney's flushed out. Dave
  3. D

prednisone

I am 7 months out and taking 10mg as well Dave
  4. D

Safety Precautions After Transplant

Hello ajmc, I had my transplant just 6 months ago, and as long you wash your hands and avoid sick people you will be fine. I was in a crowded bar last weekend and never felt like I was in danger of getting sick. I have been to restaurants and the movies. I have 2 nieces that I go and visit but...
  5. D

just over a year wait but on July 23 it finally happed I got lungs

thanks, It's been 4 months and my lung function is now 71%. Dave,
  6. D

thanks, It's been 4 months and my lung function is now 71%. Dave,
  7. D

Anyone with Cystic Fibrosis taken ACCUTANE for acne?

Hello, I took acutane when I 20 yrs old and didn't notice any more problems than I already had. I think you should do your own research on Acutane and see if you want to pursue that option I haven't heard anything good about acutane since I took it. I have struggled with acne my entire adult...
  8. D

Hello kyeev, Things are much different now NO MORE COUGHING. I can walk up a flight of stairs and don't need to catch my breath when I get to the top it's the start of a whole new, and wonderful life. As far as hospital visits I had to be at the hospital 3x a week for Physio and every Monday...
  9. D

Hello Kyeev, Once discharged from the hospital I had physio 3 times a week and every was at the hospital most of the day. I had to give blood every Monday morning before my morning dose of clyclosporin to check the level in my blood stream, then PFT's followed by chest X-ray and finally clinic...
  10. D

How many CFers are 55 and older??What is your age if you do not mind telling us? :))

was diagnosed at 22 now I am 38 and 6 weeks post transplant. Dave,
  11. D

Thanks everybody it's been just over a month now and things are progressing very well.
  12. D

Everything is going fantastic the hospital wanted to discharge me after just 10 days in ended staying for 12. I know that I still have a long way to go but very happy with everything so far. Dave,
  13. D

Ontario Trillium Drug Program

Hey cftransplant, I assume you are talking about generic Prograf (tacrolimus)? if so did you notice any different side effects when you switched to the generic. I am in Canada and my brother had his transplant 4 years a go and we just received something in the mail stating that Canada will be...
  14. D

Movie Foreverland

Hello, Anybody else seen this? wondering what your thoughts are? I really did not like the fact that the guy was always looking at his coffin. Dave, 38 w/cf and on the transplant list in toronto.
  15. D

frustrating test for lung trasnsplant

I would complain this person has to have a boss. I could see one mistake maybe but that many is terrible. Dave,
  16. D

What is the maximum FEV1% that you have to be at to be able to receive lungs?

I am in Canada and have 24% lung function and have been on the list just over a year. Dave,
  17. D

it will have to come in price a lot for it to be affordable. Not sure what it costs in the US but in Canada it's almost $2000 dollars a month. Dave
  18. D

Hello, Just wondering if there are any people from Ontario on the Trillium Drug program? I am on the transplant list and will have my surgery in Toronto. I have an identical twin brother who had a transplant over 4 years and I saw what he went through with the side effects of Cyclosporin...
  19. D

24 hour ph study

Hello kyrav, I tried to do the test but couldn't do it I kept coughing and gagging and when I coughed it messed up the readings on the monitor I told them just to take it out and that I couldn't do it. As long as I take my losec I am fine. Even if they ask me to try again I will say no. I am...
  20. D

Is 10% Body Fat Dangerous for a CF'er?

If you reduce your body fat by working out you won't have a problem remember muscle weighs more than fat. Like you stated in #3 put on some muscle and you will lose body without losing weight. Dave,