Search results

1. K

Pneumonia ???

Kinda a weird question but I couldn't ask my brother (even though he would know) because he would be here in a minute all worried but what does Pneumonia feel like? My chest is just very sore lately and my cough is killer, it is hard to explain what i mean by sore, it feels alittle like...
  2. K

acne?

hey everyone, I am on all my usual meds but this past month i started an antibiotic ( cipro) and i switched from zantac to prevacid...since then it seems that i have a few pimples..not actually full blown acne but i have never had pimples before really so it seems odd? anyone else find this?
  3. K

enzymes

just a quick question...i know what enzymes do but if someone were to stop taking enzyes would they lose weight?? Karen
  4. K

Oral Antibiotics

Hey Everyone, I have a really bad cough right now. I am on an oral antibiotic (Cipro) and have been for the past month or so. It isn't helping at all and my cough is getting worse.. my question is What other antibiotics are out there for me to use? Like i know it depends on what bacteria an...
  5. K

Im dumb

Hey everyone, I am only 18 so not looking to get pregnant yet but I am just curious, I know males have trouble concieving but is it difficut for us gals to get pregnant? Thanks!!!
  6. K

dizziness and nose bleeds

this probably isn't Cf related but i was wondering why i would be getting dizzy everyday and like lose my balance and gt nose bleeds? Its been happening for a bit now and i hate it!
  7. K

Stupid People!

hey everyone, I haven't posted in awhile but anyways this weekend the weirdest, rudest thing happened. I called a taxi to take me to the hospital on friday so I could get my port hepranized. I do have a very bad cough so and I was in the cab for about 10minutes so I coughed quite a bit. My...
  8. K

The Vest vs. Accapella

I am using the accapella right now and was wondering if the vest is better than it? I don't even know much about the vest but I have noticed a lot of ppl are talknig about it on here...I am from Canada and don't know if the vest is somethnig that's even available here yet? Is it similar to...
  9. K

Coughing in Public!

Hey everyone! I just was wondering how everyone else deals with coughing in public. I absolutely hate it, I try to "hold it in" especailly when I am in class. I don't like coughing around other people because it sounds TeRRibLe! I can tell people are grossed out because they hear how "loose"...
  10. K

MRSA and Jobs in Medical Field

Hey, I am in university taking business but all throughout high school I was taking sciences in hopes of becoming a radiographer. I found out i was MRSA positive about a year ago and was told i could not ever work in a hospital while I was positive for it (they say it almost never goes away.)...
  11. K

Pulmozyme-dornase alfa recombinant

Hey Everyone, I was just wondering if anyone would be able to shed some light on pulmozyme(dornase alfa recombinant) for me. I have recently been prescribed to use it once a day in my aerosol. The doctors had not told me much information about it but I do know that it is supposed to thin mucus...
  12. K

Pulmozyme-dornase alfa recombinant

Hey Everyone, I was just wondering if anyone would be able to shed some light on pulmozyme(dornase alfa recombinant) for me. I have recently been prescribed to use it once a day in my aerosol. The doctors had not told me much information about it but I do know that it is supposed to thin mucus...
  13. K

Liver Problems??

Hi, I am Karen. I am 18 with Cf. I was just curious to know if anyone else has been told they have liver problems that are associated with their cf and if it has been diagnosed? About a year ago they told me a have a serious problem with my liver and they put me on pills for cholestatic liver...