Search results

1. I

For the ladies

This form of permanent birth control was brought to my attention. Just curious if anyone has had it done. It is to be less invasive than a tubal ligation, but the only research is out two years. Thanks.
  2. I

For the ladies

This form of permanent birth control was brought to my attention. Just curious if anyone has had it done. It is to be less invasive than a tubal ligation, but the only research is out two years. Thanks.
  3. I

Hospital stays

I have been in the hospital probably 7 times, each time was something really wrong, collapsed lung, issues from surgery from collapsed lung, lung bleed - you get the picture, as in I didn't have a choice. But given the choice I avoid it at all costs. I am curious how you all cope with being in...
  4. I

IVF - Starting the Process

Tuesday we meet with the doctors in reproductive endocrinology. After accepting that being pregnant is not a wise choice we have spent the last 5 months trying to deal with the sadness of that. We came away from the appointment hopeful, we were there nearly two hours for our consult. We have...
  5. I

Road Trip

I posted this in the adult section also, but thought maybe some parents with CF children might have some info. My husband and I are traveling from MN to Portland oregon via car in late April. I am used to doing my vest three times a day and with the amount of sitting I will be doing I think it...
  6. I

Road Trip

My husband and I are traveling from MN to Portland oregon via car in late April. I am used to doing my vest three times a day and with the amount of sitting I will be doing I think it is important to keep up on what works for me. I will likely use the acapella just as I sit and I have...
  7. I

Cracked Ribs

Long story short. The day after Christmas I fell two days later my chest hurt (burned) when coughing, and at the same time my lungs were feeling junky - diagnosis - pneumonia with pleuritic pain. Fast forward three weeks, having been on IVs Tobra and Ceftaz I was feeling some better, able to...
  8. I

Mucus Plugs

Seems to be a lot of questions about pain lately, I was wondering if people experience pain with mucus plugs. I have been in ridiculous pain for the last four days, every time I do my vest and cough its like being stabbed. I went for an xray today and nothing. I am on Cipro and TOBI for the past...
  9. I

FEV 1, Exercise (eliptical machine), Pulmonary Hypertension.

So, I have a question about reading FEV1. The printout says 35% then there is the post dilator (albuterol) it says +12%, does this mean that the 35% is before the albuterol but post albuterol the number is 47%, or is that 35% after dilator? How does that work. Also, I just bought a super cool...
  10. I

IVF costs

I was given the news this week that my FEV1 is too low to consider pregnancy. It isn't a matter of proving anyone wrong at this point, which I have always loved to do but my FEV1 is 35%pre albuterol 45% post albuterol, from what I understand. So my number is too low, can I get that up -...
  11. I

Pulmo-Aide Compressor/Nebulizer

I have been using the same compressor for nebs since about 1995. I have since purchased two others, one for travel and one when I was in college, so I could leave on at school and have one at home. The reason I use the old one is becuase it is quieter then my newer one. But I got to thinking is...
  12. I

GSH Curc Caps

From what I understand the GSH Cur Caps have NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) in them, and I found reference to the NAC affecting the liver. My question is I am on a maintenance daily dosing of Itraconazole, which is broken down in the liver, does anyone else take Itra and NAC, or know if there might be...
  13. I

Albuterol

Does anyone, or has anyone out there had problems getting Albuterol (for neb) covered under medicare part D? Apparently CF doesn't qualify as having a need for Albuterol according to Medicare. Last year it was accepted on second appeal, but this year they won't cover it at all. I get so...
  14. I

Coughing up Blood

I ask this in this section as I figured not everyone who has had children checks the pregnancy section. So, has anyone who has been pregnant also been one to cough up blood. We are looking to start a family and right now that seems to be the biggest issue. I had 7 coils put in last year, after...
  15. I

Decision to be a parent

I am not new to the site but i read more than I post. My husband and I have been married for 2 1/2 years, and are thinking about starting a family. I guess I would like to know how all of you who decided to have babies made that final decision to go through with it. I have heard many positive...
  16. I

IV Cipro

Hey all - I have been searching the internet for info on this and thought I should check with those who might know what I am talking about. Has anyone been on IV Cipro and had numbness or tingling (like when your foot falls asleep from sitting on it)? I have been on IV Cipro for two weeks, and...
  17. I

For Women about Birth Control

So, I have wanted to go off the patch for two years - I feel sometimes that the hormones in it have affected my moods. Course women are typically moody but I wasn't always like this. So I am searching out non-hormonal options. But of course I like the spontinaiety of being on the patch - no need...
  18. I

Flying with vest and meds

Hi all! It has been ages since I posted anything but I knew right where to come for expert advice. I am flying to North Carolina from MN in March. I have the Vest, model 104 in the duffle, plus all my meds. I am wondering how flying is with the Vest. Any special requirements, letters, problems...
  19. I

Flying with Vest

I am getting married July 8, and we will then leave for our honeymoon - the tough part is deciding where to go. In any case we will be flying and I am curious how it has gone for those of you who have flown with the vest ---- and all the medication. I know some travel without the vest but being...
  20. I

energy

I find that I don' t have the energy when it comes to exercise. I am always hungry! I can't eat before exercising because I will cough and it will all come back up, but if I don't I won't have the energy to make it an efficient workout. I probably don't eat well but how do I fix this. What do...