Search results

1. J

Alternative diet...anyone?

Avacados. You can mix just about anything with them.
  2. J

A testimonial

Im so glad to hear your story. I find myself in the same spot. For years I have done med after med while only getting worse and worse. 6 months ago I was on 36 different meds and I felt horrible. I had diabetes, constant pain, my stomach was so bad I wasn't even absorbing my kalydeco. I decided...
  3. J

What has helped me

I too believe in the power of juicing. I have the Omega juicer and I make one green juice a day. I am also big on diet. We need the right amount of vitamins and minerals to heal the body. The only place you get those things from a food. I also cut out processed foods, white flours, pastas...
  4. J

Alternative antibiotics

Have you tried natural antibiotics? I started taking garlic and its brought my psuedo counts down to almost non-existant. I also haven't cultured MRSA in over a year and I've cultured it since I was 16. There are also thinks like collodial silver. I haven't used it but I have a friend who is a...
  5. J

Alternatives to Aquadeks

I'm sad to read this. I like the source cf best but they are on back order so im stuck with the aquadeks (which aready taste awful)...nowim really not going to be able to take them grrr
  6. J

Alternative Pain Medicine

Pain comes from inflammation. If you treat the inflammation you can help get rid of the pain. - in theory. I have had alot of issues with pain in the last 3 years and I believe it was in part to the pain meds. Once you've been on them for 30 days your body is addicted -not by choice but...
  7. J

Urgent! Need to find better Adult CF Center

Where at in the south?
  8. J

New post up guys

Just letting everyone know I posted a new blog. www.insidecf.blogspot.com Everyone has been asking about what I eat so I posted my food logs for the last few days. Also Im working on a big blog spot about protien so if anyone has an useful links Id love to read them. Thanks for the support...
  9. J

antibiotics and resistance, general questions from a recently diagnosed

Yea antibotics have horrible side effects on the body. I will take them is I do all my natural stuff for a week and see NO improvement, but in the last year Ive had IVs twice - but both time the doctors say my psuedo count was so low they didn't see how it was making me sick and 2 other times...
  10. J

getting fev 1 back up

Im not sure. She has only been my doctor since august of 2011. When I started at her clinic I had a lung fuction of 56% but Feb of 2012 I had a fev1 of 36% - she decided to talk transplant and put me on all kinds of meds. I decided to start taking my health into my own hands. She can't stand...
  11. J

More Active

I really wish this section of CF.com was more active. I believe we could really change the CF community with this info. Check out my blog www.insidecf.blogpsot.com and see how Im using alternative medicine and diet.
  12. J

Intermittent low grade fever

Fever is a sign of infection somewhere in the body. I recommend lowering protien and dairy for a bit, upping fruits and veggie intake. Also cut out sugar and processed foods. Next add some vit C and garlic to your regime and see if that helps.
  13. J

Trying to get over the flu, need some advice.

Ive had the flu since last monday, and I've treated it nautrally. 4000mg of vit c a day, garlic supplements, extra albuteral treatments, honey every 2-4 hours to help with cough. Also cut and onion in 1/2 and put it in your bedroom when you go to bed. I did this and I felt amazingly better from...
  14. J

getting fev 1 back up

Have you looked into changing your diet? Check out my blog, its about my journey to heal my CF naturally and get my lung function back into the 60's atleast - even though my dr has given up on me. My current lung function is around 45%. It was 56% in august of 2011 and 35% around the strart of...
  15. J

Stomach Issues after Antibiotics?

LOTS of probiotics. Its best to take them all the time then up them a little while on antibiotics and for about 1 week after. You want t find something that has over 15 billion. Also eat yogurt atleast 3 times a week.
  16. J

Need advice to stay away from hospital

Do you have a link to this article? I would LOVE to read it. I've been trying to tell people how garlic works but noone seems to listen. Our food can "cure" everything we just have to let it.
  17. J

antibiotics and resistance, general questions from a recently diagnosed

I'm on ZERO anitbiotics. I take garlic supplements everyday and double the dose when I'm sick. ( becareful if you have problems coughing up blood since garlic thins the blood). Garlic is a natural antibiotic/antiviral. Its affective on all types of bugs, even MRSA. (drug resistant strains). Also...
  18. J

Need advice to stay away from hospital

Sinus rinses up to 3 times day. My doctor also said t add baby soap but I haven't tried it yet. I also take garlic everyday. Garlic is a natural antiviral antibacterial. Since starting it a year ago my counts of psuedo have dropped drastically to the point that even when I was sick they...
  19. J

New blog up

Hey guys, sorry I hadn't been around much. Busy life and I've had the flu for the last week. I'm slowly feeling better and I've managed to treat it 98% natural (ive had to take ibuprofen for muscles aches from coughing). Anyways I've had some time to give my blog a new look and some new...
  20. J

Blog is back!

Hey everyone, I haven't been on and posted in forever. I just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that I am bringing my blog back. Its going to be a look on healing CF using diet, exercise, and juicing. I am hoping to be medicine free and maintaining by the end of the year...