Search results

1. J

New post up guys

Just letting everyone know I posted a new blog. www.insidecf.blogspot.com Everyone has been asking about what I eat so I posted my food logs for the last few days. Also Im working on a big blog spot about protien so if anyone has an useful links Id love to read them. Thanks for the support...
  2. J

More Active

I really wish this section of CF.com was more active. I believe we could really change the CF community with this info. Check out my blog www.insidecf.blogpsot.com and see how Im using alternative medicine and diet.
  3. J

New blog up

Hey guys, sorry I hadn't been around much. Busy life and I've had the flu for the last week. I'm slowly feeling better and I've managed to treat it 98% natural (ive had to take ibuprofen for muscles aches from coughing). Anyways I've had some time to give my blog a new look and some new...
  4. J

Blog is back!

Hey everyone, I haven't been on and posted in forever. I just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that I am bringing my blog back. Its going to be a look on healing CF using diet, exercise, and juicing. I am hoping to be medicine free and maintaining by the end of the year...
  5. J

Finally getting SSI!

I applied on June 23. I had help from Beth Sufian as well. I was told on the 19th of July they had made a decision, but it had to go through a random review. I found out yesterday that I was approved for SSI!!! I am sooo happy. I should be getting my first check possibly next week. I swear...
  6. J

A1c, fasting glucose...help?

So I have a history of diabetes associated with steriods. We found it one night as a fluke. I was having night sweats and a lady had came to get and amicasin level. I mentioned it to here and she had someone come in and check my blood sugar -It was 344. I was on metformin for a while, but once...
  7. J

SSI & Beth Sufian!

For those trying to get SSI, just call her. She took my case on June 17th. I applied for disability/ssi on the 23th of June. On the 19th my case had a decision!!! I know crazy. Now I don't know the decision b/c it had to go to quality review first (some random thing to keep SSI in check). But I...
  8. J

me update

www.insidecf.blogspot.com I ended up getting my compressor. A PARI vios. It works GREAT and is a little quieter. Its a pretty blue color. My doctor said I needed to see a cardiologist and have a heart monitor thing done. My PFT's were 48% PRE treatment (and thats 5 days with no treatments)...
  9. J

Cardiac Issues

does anyone know anything aboout how CF relates to cardiac issues? During my pregnancy I was checked often for heart issues and told they are common in CF. While I was making my PFT list and going through my medical records I noticed well over 50 notations of heart murmurs and abnormal rhythms...
  10. J

always low lung function

I went through and was making a list of ALL my pft's. Like I went back all the way to my very first one at 10. To view it go here - <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://insidecf.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-pft-history.html...
  11. J

lung function rate of decline

Anyone know the general rate of decline of lung function per year? For those closer to the "average age of survivial" what was your lung function in your early 20's. I am just thinking about the fact that if my lung function is 60% now, what will it be when I am 38. Will I live to 38? Would...
  12. J

WTH am I going to do?

My kids spilt koolaide on my compressor. I have been on the phone since 10 this morning trying to find a stupid PARI compressor. I finally found WALGREENS, only to discover that through my insurance company they aren't authorized med equipment dealers -really? So I have no idea what to do. My...
  13. J

can we talk poop?

Ok so in the midst of trying to figure out if my daughter has CF I am left to wonder what is normal poop? I know what normal is to me. And what its like when I take too many or not enough enzymes. My daughter seems to suffer more of a constipation issue with BRIGHT green poop. She has a...
  14. J

Eflow

The EFLOW is amazing. Its soo quiet I didn't even realize it was on! And it felt like just as soon as I turned it on it was done. I opened the thing to make sure there was no med left b/c I was in shock and it was totally gone. SOOO question -what other meds can be done in an eflow???
  15. J

Does it normally take that long

My daughter has some symptoms of CF. I've discussed tem before. She had a negative newborn screening and a negative sweat test around 6 months. HOWEVER she still has several symptoms. I am trying to get her into my CF clinic so that we can get a full genetic panel. Well they said that the...
  16. J

STARTING CAYSTON

I start cayston today. Its already noon and I am just now starting my vest. (my kids have been hell today - its take me 2 hours to get 3 nebs done). I know you have to do the cayston 3 times a day -how often to I have to space it? Can I do it at 1,5, and then 9? The tomorrow get it on a 9,3,9...
  17. J

Someone please help me understand

Ok so I am sure most of you have heard of Conner (www.notsobrightandshiny.blogspot.com). Here is what I don't understand -why can he not get a lung transplant??? It really pisses me off that they won't give him one. I don't care if they think his chances aren't great after getting it but how...
  18. J

Anyone use a maid?

I was curious of many of you hire cleaning services. I feel like I either never have time to clean or never feel good enough to clean. When I get disability I am thinking about hiring a cleaning service. Do any places offer discounts for the disabled?
  19. J

disability questions

Ok so I go monday to apply for disability. I have applied before (5/6 years ago) and was denied, but I was healthier than. I was denied. I got a lawyer and all that but I dunno what happened to him (I didn't have to pay) and I was denied. Well I don't think I qualify for SSDI b/c I don't have...
  20. J

Getting SSI

What are the income limits to recieve SSI. I know I don't qualify for SSD b/c I don't have enough work credits. However I do meet the "health" requirements for SSI but I need to know the income limits. How much of your spouses income do they count? So they factor in child support paid? Do...