Search results

1. D

First Time Lung Infection

I am 22 years old and I have a very moderate case of CF and have been extremely fortunate in my life so far and have not had any major lung problems and have only been hospitalized once when I was 3 years old. However in the past year my cough has gotten worse and at first I kind of ignored it...
  2. D

Bad Breath

Recently my coughing has gotten worse especially in the mornings and I am wondering if I cough some sort of infection...I made an appointment with the doctor for next week to find out. But I have been wondering if other CFers suffer from bad breath, because I will brush my teeth and use...
  3. D

Cruddy Day

I am 19 years old and look like I am 16 partly because of the CF...I can't complain too much because I am extremley healthy and fortunate but it still sux looking young and skinny. I have been working out recently and just got my first girlfriend a few days ago, she is really beutifull and easy...
  4. D

Smoking Roomate

I moved into a college apartment about 4 mounts ago with 2 other guys (did not know them prior). At first things went well, we all got along and everything was good. One of my roomates smokes weed and cigs, but he would always go outside to smoke cigs and would only smoke weed inside every once...
  5. D

Acapella

I just got an acapella about a week ago, I noticed it fit nicley on the mothpiece of my breathing machine so i attached it on there. It worked well, however I just went to use it today and when I blow out its not feeling right, im wondering if the moisture from the breathing machine broke it or...
  6. D

CF/MS Story

I play hockey, and I told one of the guys on the team that I am close to that I have CF. He apparently misheard me and thought I said MS. He told a few other guys on the team, and a few weeks later some1 came up to me in the lockerroom and told me they made a donation to MS in my name.
  7. D

Keeping Pulmozyme cold

I keep the medicine for my breathing machine (I think its called pulmozyme) in my mini fridge, I was spending the night at a friends and one of my roomies went into my fridge to steal a soda...he did not close the fridge right and everything in it was warm for 12-20 hours. Is this bad, or is the...
  8. D

Insurance

I am 18 years old, about to turn 19, and I thought my parents purchased health insurance for life for me when I was born, and then was DX with CF a few years later. I just found out a few days ago this was not the case, my dad worked for United and they have a family health care program that...
  9. D

Wondering

I was just wondering why does mucus get xtra thick while ur sleeping? Every morning I wake up feel really crappy for about 30 minutes. The first 10 minutes I spend coughing crap, and I have noticed stuff is thicker, stickyer, and nastyer in the morning, however most of it is not in my lungs, it...
  10. D

Update

I have been feeling cruddy recently, and a little stressed from school ending and exams coming up. It seems like alot of days I get really cold for a while as if I had a fever, but then later in the day it goes away. The past 2-3 days I have had an annoying cough...every time I take a breath it...
  11. D

Need Advice

I am only 18, and have been healthy my entire life. However the past few months I have had an occasional cough (especially at night and in the morning), sometimes it keeps me up at night. Anyways I went to see a pulmo doctor for the first time since I moved to Florida. I don't think he deals...
  12. D

im still around

I am still around...I check the forums from time to time and read what interests me, just havnt had the time to chat or post back recently...I am still playin hockey, but for the first time last sunday I couldnt finish the game =( I duno what it was, I was out of breath I guess, but I usually...
  13. D

Facebook Group

If you have CF, and play hockey. Get on facebook and look up the group "Hockey Players With CF" I know theres alot of people out there with CF that play hockey, and I think it would be cool if every1 got together and joined this group to show others out there that people with CF can do normal...
  14. D

nebs

I am traveling over the holidays, and carrying my neb liquid tube thingys with me. I was wondering what happens if they get warm? does it go bad, if so how long does it take for them to go bad and how could I tell they r spoiled.
  15. D

boiling my nebs

I tried boiling my nebs for the first time ever, figured it might have had some gunk built up in it since I dont clean it all that much. Well I threw it in a pot with some hot water and soap, let it boil for about a min, and then took it out. Lets just say plastic does not work well with boiling...
  16. D

Random CF encounter

I am just wondering, has any1 ever been at a restaraunt or something and see some random person pop out some enzymes? Or run into some1 that has CF on the street somehow. I have never run into any1 with CF like this, but was wondering if you guys had?
  17. D

Prank Phone Call

This is really random, but I wanted to know if any1 of u had some advice. Ever since I got my new phone, I get 3-4 phone calls every day, sometimes at really annoying times. Its not just coming from 1 number either, its coming from a few different numbers all from the local area code here. When...
  18. D

=(

Goodbye Allie, it was nice talking to you while you were here, I hope you decide to come back one day! I know you have had it tuff since your Ry has passed away, and I just think some people don't know how hard it can be to loose a loved 1, and how emotionally draining it is, and sometimes...
  19. D

New Kind of Chat Server

I don't know how every1 feels about this...but I am a gamer, and play alot of online games and communicate with my friends online using teamspeak 2. Its a free program to download and install and use, the only thing that costs money is the person renting the server...and I know some people and...
  20. D

Marijuana

Marijuana has been found to show alot of benefits with some diseases, obviously smoking it would not be healthy for any CF patient...however if it is cooked and eaten could it be used as a painkiller for those who have lost the battle, and know they are going to go soon? Or maybe just maybe...